10.21.2008

The Mariott

The kids were out of school this last week on Thurs. and Fri. and we actually had a weekend where Zach didn't have any games! I know it's a miracle, but his football team didn't make it to the playoffs, and his baseball team ended up not playing in the tournament they were going to play in. So, Thursday we spent the day at home getting things done. Morgan had to scrape his truck windows 3 days last week, and decided it was time to clean the garage out and put the bikes up on the racks so he could park in the garage again! I don't know why it makes him so happy to park in the garage...
So, on Friday we decided to take the kids and stay in a Motel. I don't know what it is about kids and motels, but they love them! Even if it is only in Provo! We left early on Friday and took the kids roller skating. They have never been before, and they loved it! ( I left my camera in the car) It was more of a workout than Morgan and I bargained for, but it was fun! We all had a few falls (except Morgan) and I'm just glad I didn't kill myself! We went to lunch and took the kids to a movie and finally checked into the motel around 7:00. Poor Boston had been waiting all day, because all he wanted to do was go swimming!
As soon as Morgan checked in and brought out the cart to put our bags on, the kids jumped right on, I don't know why they think those things are to ride on (maybe from The Suite Life) they are so funny!
We had our friends come swimming with us, and the kids had a ball! They thought we had rented out the pool just for them, because we were the only ones there!







2 comments:

Jessica said...

I think it is awesome that you were able to escape. Even if it was only to Provo. My kids are the same way. I am glad you had such a good time.

Kari said...

I totally agree ... don't know what is so magical about a hotel but kids just eat it up!