
I love this picture of my Dad. It is totally him at the ball park. Baseball hat, sunglasses, clipboard in hand, and last but not least, the toothpick! My dad hasn't spent as many days as he would have liked at the ballpark this last year because of his health.
Some of you may know that he has been on Dialysis this last year, and it has really been hard on him. He has lost over 100 pds to get ready for this transplant!!! The surgery is scheduled for Friday October 24th. My brother Matt who lives in Idaho Falls has been tested and is a match to be the donor for my Dad! They will both be coming down here next week for their final appt. on Wed. and will both be in the hospital recovering for 6-7 days. We will be having lots of family staying with us during this time. We have been talking about it for so long, that I can't actually believe the time is here!
Dad, I want you to know I am proud of you for sticking with "the plan" and loosing all your weight and all the many other things you have had to do to get yourself ready for this! Good Luck, I hope everything goes great, so you can be back where you want to be... on the BALLFIELD!
6 comments:
Sommer,what an amazing family you have.If I could help in anyway during this time, please let me know. I can do meals, watch the kids, run for diet cokes, whatever. Please call. You and your family will be in our prayers!
Good Luck Dennis!! You will definitely be in the Madsens prayers. We luv ya - And I love you to Sommer HEHE!! I miss ya in the mornings!
Sommer, keep me posted how things go. I pray everything goes well for both of them. That is awesome of your brother. It was great talking to you the other day. I miss you so much. Move back to Phoenix!!!!!
What a hard thing to have to go through.... Your poor Dad. But...what a trooper. Please let me know if I can help you out, in any way. I miss you guys in the mornings. :o)
Sorry to hear about your dad. I hope all goes well. That is awesome of your brother. Have fun with your family!
All our thoughts and prayers will be with ALL of you (especially Uncle D & Cousin Matt). Keep us posted and we'll celebrate the success SOON :) All our LOVE-
Post a Comment