Last night we carved our pumpkins! I don't know why as parents (well, at least I do) put this off for as long as we can... Oh, I know, because it is the messiest thing ever! The kids love it though, so that's why we do it! The kids did really good this year! We usually print off patterns from the computer, but Zach always likes to make his own, and he does a dang good job! Brinley did a little more independent carving this year, so that was nice, and Boston won't even touch the inside because he can't stand to have his hands dirty! Funny little guy! We made him put his hand inside one of the pumpkins so he could "feel" it, and he started crying... so mom has to help him with that part! He was so excited all day long and couldn't wait to carve pumpkins! I even got him to eat all of his dinner! The kids love to roast the pumpkin seeds and eat them, so I spent forever rinsing all the gunk off of them so we can eat them! Sounds like a good after school snack to me! We had to save a pumpkin so we can do our "dinner in a pumpkin" on Halloween day! My kids love this, and it is a lot of fun! I will post the recipe later...

Brinley and her pumpkin!

Boston and his "BOO" pumpkin!

Zach and his masterpiece!

This was Bostons face if he even got the slightest bit of pumpkin guts on his hand!

The kids with their carving creations! :o)
3 comments:
I love their pumpkins...love the kids' faces.... Your kids are just so cute, Sommer. Really, honestly, truly CUTE. :o)
HI SOmmer---
OH I just love Halloween and all the festivities---ITs perfect weather too huh!!! I just miss you---I wished we lived closer so we could play---Your kids are cute and I bet would just love mine!!! YOu take care
See ya,
Heidi
That is so funny about Boston. Porter hates his hands to be dirty too, but only when he is eating. I never thought boys would worry about dirty hands, too funny. Oh and Brinley's hair looks way cute! Good job on the pumpkins too. Jason and Porter carved some a week or so ago and I slept through the whole thing :(
Post a Comment