10.29.2008

DiNnEr In A PuMpKiN!

I got this recipe and idea from my friend Jill in St. George! She is the cutest thing ever and so on top of things! She is one of those who decorates and celebrates EVERY holiday! One year they had us over for dinner on Halloween and this is what they had! It is so fun and the kids LOVE dishing their food out of a pumpkin! So, for those of you who are interested...

Dinner In A Pumpkin-

1 Tbsp. butter
1 pd. ground beef (I use chicken) COOKED
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 cup chopped celery
1 can mushrooms (I leave these out because my kids or husband don't like them!)
1 can cream of chicken
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
3 cups of uncooked rice

Combine all ingredients and put inside a cleaned out, (really good, this is what your food is going to be in!) washed pumpkin!!! Put the pumpkin in your oven to bake at 350 for 1 hour!
ENJOY!

Thanks Jill, for sharing this recipe! We love it!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

sounds fun...totally going to try it tomorrow!

carrie said...

We'll have to try that! I've made soup in a pumpkin before...but this sounds really good!! You're so creative. Have a good week!!

Anonymous said...

I noticed your countdown until Halloween. You must really be excited for Halloween to come again. ;) Happy Halloween! :) -Ish