8.19.2008

A bItTeRsWeEt DaY!

So, the kids went back to school yesterday! WOW I can hardly believe that Zach started 4th grade and my little girl is a big first grader! The kids did really well, and had a great first day! It was so fun to hear all of their stories! I first asked Brinley if she thought the day was long or short? She said it was LONG and that she was starving even before it was lunch time! (Poor girl) I went to the school at lunch time to see how things were going, and her and Zach found out they have lunch at the same time! Brinley was pretty excited and said she would save Zach a seat today... we'll see how that goes! Both the kids said that their teachers were "clean". I just laughed and asked them what that meant? They said that they have to clean up after EVERY time they do something! Zach just kept saying that his teacher was mean in a nice way... so pretty much she set some rules to follow on the first day, and wants to make sure they follow them! So many new adventures coming their way! I love it! Boston did alot better than I thought he would... On Sunday night after Morgan gave the kids their Father's Blessings, we were talking about the kids going to school in the morning, and Boston got so sad! He just kept hugging Brinley. It was so cute! The next morning we all walked them into their classes, well Zach was fine with a wave, and a good bye, and down the hall he went. But we walked Brinley into her class and took some more pictures. Boston was so sad telling her good bye, I thought he was going to start crying, but he never did. Brinley was excited for her first day at school! It's going to take some work getting the kids to bed early, you would think that I would have started working on that already. We have a hard time going to bed at our house, we love to stay up late, so it is going to be a challenge! The kids were pretty tired last night though, as soon as they got in bed at 9:30 they were asleep within minutes! It is 9:10 in the morning right now and Boston is still sleeping! That is how I am able to make this post! :) Oh, I have to mention Brinley's backpack! We were at T.J. Max and she found it on the rack all by herself! She was so proud, and knew Boston would like it! We tried to see if they had any boy ones, but they didn't!
The picture of Boston looking in the window I thought was so cute. We went to say good bye to Zach but the door was closed and they had already started class. So, we just waved through the window. But Boston just stood there and kept looking at Zach and waving! It was like he just couldn't say good bye!
After the kids were home from school, we were eating ice cream, and I was trying to convince the kids that we needed to get back into reading everyday (which Zach is thrilled about) I got a phone call from my mom, and I could tell that something was wrong and that she had been crying. I asked her if everything was o.k. and she told me that my cousin Kassie and her little boy who is 8 were killed in a car accident yesterday morning. I couldn't believe what I was hearing! They live in St. George, and she was taking her boys to school, and overcorrected the car into the on coming traffic and hit head on with a dump truck. Her little boy was ejected out of the car about 20 ft. Her other little boy was life flighted to Primary Childrens and was in critical condition. Her little girl who is 2 was home with the dad when this happened. Sooo sad! My heart goes out to her family and extended family. It makes you appreciate life, and all the little things i like to complain about aren't worth complaining about anymore. You can watch the story on the news at www.kcsg.com



7 comments:

Hunsaker Family said...

Oh our "babies" are getting to big! What a fun mom you are to go to school and take all those fabulous picture. School can be big and scary and fabulous all at the same time (to mother's that is). From one 1st grader's mom to another. Love ya- Tara

Emily H said...

Ok that is so sad about your cousin. I am so sorry. What a fun mom to go to the school with them.

Craig and Jessica Smith said...

I am so sorry about your cousin! I feel awful, we will pray for her child at Primary Children's. Your kids look great and I LOVE Brinley's backpack! Devin has been looking for one like that but in blue and red! I guess I should go to TJ Maxx! We will have to get the boys together soon!

carrie said...

First of all, your kids look adorable headed off for school. I can relate to Boston's feelings....'cause I was SO sad to have Matthew start school again. It was sad when my little boys woke up and couldn't find him on Monday. I wanted summer to go on for at least another three weeks. Call me crazy....but school just started WAY too soon for me this year. :o(
Secondly....that story about your cousin is heartbreaking!! I am so sorry. Please let us know about her child up at PCMC. One of Matthew's friends got in an accident last year, driving to school with his Mom and baby sister. The little sister died...and it was devastating. Life can just change so fast. Maybe I should stop complaining about mine, huh?? I'm really, really sorry ......

Jessica said...

Summer,

I am so sorry to hear about your cousin and her family. It made my heart sink because you forget how quickly things can happen. I will be the first to admit that with school only being a few blocks away I sometimes don't check to see if my older kids are in their seatbelts.

Your kids are ADORABLE!!! I am not a huge fan of Z's shirt nor Brinley's backpack but that's coming from a Yankee fan.... No... just kidding.. If I could find Macee a cute Yankees backpack I would be sure to snag it (Maddog might fight her for it).

I will keep your family in our prayers!

Jill said...

I'm so sorry about your cousin and her little boy. Jerym has been in Katelyn's class since Kindergarten and I knew Kassie from school activities. I haven't stopped thinking about them and their families since I heard on Monday. Jerym was such a cute boy and will really be missed by all of the kids.

Your kids are so cute! Good luck getting back into the swing of school days. It's fun and exciting, but crazy at the same time. Tell them all "hi" for us!

Kyle.Sharo.Chase.Matti.Cole.Zach said...

Sommer, I'm so sorry about your cousin and son. It seems like accidents like this are happening so much-It makes me want to spend every second with my family and live in a bubble too-We talked about this....That is heartbreaking.

Your pics are so fun! I got all teary reading it, I don't want my kids to start school. I miss them too much. I better chill out because it starts tomorrow!!!