8.22.2008

We survived the first week of school!

Wahoo! We survived the first week of school! And I am exhausted! This whole getting up early thing isn't for me... well, if I would learn to go to bed at night, it may be a little easier! O.K. there were only 2 days that I crawled back into bed with Boston after Morgan took the kids to school, but hey why not take advantage right? Boston is a whole different kid when he is not around his brother and sister. It has been so fun to be with him and have his own little personality show. He is in the stage where everything ends with a "why, mom"? And is so inquisitive about everything! Tuesday morning he woke up and went walking around the house, and came to me and said "Where's the kids"? He wasn't used to them being gone. Today they forgot their lunches, so we ran to the school to take them to them, and he was so excited! He loves going to the school.
I have to say I think we are all ready for the weekend, I love not having the stress of getting the kids to bed at a certain time, but they were all exhausted tonight and were asleep by 10:00 anyway!
I'm not looking forward to all the homework Zach is going to have this year! Already for the first week, they had a ton! And his Math homework is way over my head, so the poor kid is trying to teach me! Math isn't my favorite subject, the only reason I passed the class I took at Dixie was because Morgan's football coach was my teacher! He would let me take my tests at home so Morgan could help me with them! He knew me too well! So, needless to say, Zach has to wait until his dad gets home for help with his math! I'm sure it is frustrating for him! Sorry bud!
The kids really seem to like their teachers, and I think Brinley's favorite part about school is eating lunch there! Zach got to wear his football jersey to school today (just like they do in High School) before their game day! He thought that was pretty fun to see all the other kids in theirs too!
Well, I couldn't sleep last night, I kept thinking about my cousin and her family. So, I am actually really tired!
I think I'm going to call it a night, so I will be rested for the big game tomorrow! Go Zach! #33 :)

3 comments:

carrie said...

Sommer....I wish we could watch Zach's game, but I'm sure ours is around the same time. Matthew came home yesterday, after wearing his jersey, too :o)....and said how cool the lettering on Zach's was. He thought it was cool that they all wore them to school. I'm so excited for the game today....and I've been up since 5:30am!! Can you believe how crazy I am?? I just love football. Anyway, I'm glad you're kids are liking school. Matthew is, too, so far.... ha ha His homework hasn't started piling on YET....so I'm liking it, too. :o)
Good luck to Zach today in his game!! You'll have to post and let us all know how it went. We've heard how awesome he is!! He's such a cute kid and such a NICE NICE boy. Everyone loves him.... Have fun today!! :o)

Anonymous said...

OH Sommer I can totally relate to the school thing and waking up early to get them off! I love being home with just me and Aly but I sure do miss them and get a little bored--I need to get back into scrapping to stay busy! SOOOO i am just loving your new blog colors--FUN and way super cute! Your family is darling as well--You guys are just all beautiful...like their mother! Come have some jam and rolls the next time you are in my area *wink* Love ya
Heidi

Craig and Jessica Smith said...

Chloe is feeling the same, kind of lost, without her brothers being around. I feel like summer was way too short! I hate homework and getting up early! Devin wants to come and watch Zach play football! Just let us know when he plays! Blake has his first game tonite so cross your fingers it all goes well! We miss you guys!