Last weekend I was able to go to St. George for a last little getaway before school starts! I went with my mom, my sister, and my nephew who is going to be a senior this year. On our way down we stopped to see my mom's sister and her husband who are serving a mission at Cove Fort. I had no idea this place even existed before they went there, but it was really interesting. It was nothing like I thought it would be. The picture of us all together is in front of the Fort, it is a big stone building that they built for shelter in the 1800's. Pres. Hinckley dedicated it back in 1994. It was fun to go see and learn about what went on there. We had SO much fun together, it was a great way to just enjoy the weekend! I felt like I had so much time on my hands without my kids! If you know me well, you know I don't leave my kids for much, so it was great to have some "adult" time! The kids stayed home with Morgan and had a great time! They love being with their daddy whenever they can! He even took them to 9:00 church by himself! I have no idea what they all looked like when they got there, but at least they made it!
We went and saw the play Les Miserables at Tuachan on Sat. night! It was my first time seeing it, and I really liked it. I had to have the story explained to me beforehand so I wasn't totally lost, but I was able to follow it easily and really enjoyed seeing my 2nd musical in my lifetime! We had fun going shopping, LOTS of eating (yummy food) and laughing while we were there. It was a short weekend but just right to come home and get into gear for school to start! Can you believe it?


">

<

No comments:
Post a Comment