On Tuesday this week I got to go to the school with Zach my 6th grader for the Maturation program. It kinda snuck up on me cuz I forgot to put it on my calendar. I went to take Halle over to my neighbor and she was having a hard time with me leaving. She was tired, it was her nap time and she wanted me. I thought it would help if I went downstairs with her for a bit, and we started her favorite movie Toy Story 3 to see if that would help! Yep, it did, and if I could have held her for 5 more min she would have been out! But I needed to leave, it was already 1:15 and I was late! So, I handed her to Sanae and left with her screaming! I felt so bad! I told her I would text her to see how she was doing, and once I got there I was so engrossed I totally forgot! Good to know she only cried for about 30 sec. and she fell asleep in Sanae's arms! Thank you for holding my baby for me! :) So I get to the school and run in cuz I'm late, and Zach is sitting on the front row with no other seats by him. So, I sit in the row behind him and tell him to come sit by me! He looks at me like "mom are you crazy, are you trying to embarrass me?" I smiled at him and asked him again to come sit by me. He reluctantly got up from his seat with his face bright red and came and sat by me! GOOD BOY! Sorry bud, that I was late, no I wasn't trying to embarrass you, I was just taking care of your little sister!
Brad Wilcox was the speaker, and he was SO GOOD! He was so entertaining as he was talking to the boys, we were all laughing our heads off! He has written the book "Growing Up" that is at Deseret Book and is also an EFY speaker! I don't know how our school is so lucky to get him, but I am going to go buy his book today! He was so great, and made it so comfortable for everyone! I checked Zach out after it was over, and went and got him a smoothie and me a diet coke and we continued our "talk" in the car! It was so fun just me and him! I love that my kids feel like they can talk to me! That is what I want more than anything! I love that my "little boy" is more nigh eve than I thought he was. But it is so hard opening his little eyes to the big world, and "life". I am glad I was able to go and share this experience with Zach, he is such a good kid and I love being with him!
No comments:
Post a Comment