9.15.2008

Zach...

So, today is Monday and we were thinking that Zach would finally be able to go back to school this week. But we could tell last night he was not ready to, he just still was not back to "himself". Well, this morning after he woke up he was complaining of his feet itching, and then his legs, and then he was itching all over! He had this funky rash all over his body! I was on the phone with the nurse at the time and she said that his doctor would need to look at it. They were good to get us in right then, But Zach was going crazy itching all over. While we were there I expressed my concerns to his doctor about him not feeling better yet, and being so tired. He thought the rash was due to the antibiotic he had been on, and said he was going to change his prescription. I asked him if they could run some blood tests on him, to see if there was something else that was making him feel so crappy. I actually wondered if he might have mono because of all the symptoms he has had. He said he would run a test just to make sure. I guess you can call it "Mothers Intuition". But I know my child, and we have had strept many times at our house, and this is by far the worst he has ever been. The doctor thought it was a good idea, so he sent us over to A.F. hospital to get the Lab work done. Zach was a little nervous that we had to go to the hospital. I assured him it wasn't going to hurt, and when we left the doctors office and got in the car he asked if we could say a prayer! What a good guy I have! He is so sweet, I just love him! Of course I got all teared up just praying that nothing serious is wrong with him. So, here we wait for a couple of days to hear back from the doctor. And I'm afraid it's going to be a LONG couple of days! He said, "No school, No football, until we get the tests back" just to make sure. It's just so hard having him not feel good, he's just not the same Zach that we all know. In fact he is sleeping right now, and has been for over an hour. It's just not like him.

No comments: