So... Zach is still not feeling good, and has almost missed a whole week of school and football! He is going crazy, and so am I! I feel so bad for him, and want to help him in any way I can! Last night about 5:00 he started running a really high fever again, which I thought "What the crap, how can he have a fever for so long?" The poor kid has been on ibuprofen for the last five days faithfully every 4-5 hours. He has no appetite because his throat hurts so bad, and the only thing that sounds good to him is a slushie. So, we have been on a slushie run every day! I told him I'm going to miss it when he's back in school-going on slushie runs! Because you know when he gets a slushie, I get my Diet Coke! :) I'm sure he thinks, mom, is this what you do all day when I am at school? He has been able to spend some time with Boston which has been good, he is so good to play with him, and they have watched plenty of movies together. They are playing "Go Fish" right now. They are so cute! On Tuesday I went to rent them a movie and thought, heck if I'm going to get them a movie, I may as well get me one too! I felt too guilty when I got home and put theirs on, to sit my fat butt down and watch mine in the middle of the day! So, I did some laundry and a little cleaning instead and decided I would watch it that night after they went to sleep. Well, that was all great, but Morgan was working on Zach's Pinewood Derby car and was in the kitchen using his drill, and who knows what else that I had to turn up my movie SO loud to even hear it!
I feel like I have been so worried about Zach and how I can help him, that I didn't stop to think what would really help him. Last night, after Morgan came home from work and saw how bad he really was, He said to me "I think Zach needs a blessing". I about started crying because I hadn't thought of it myself! So, he asked our neighbor to come over and help give him a blessing. I got so emotional during it, I just hope and pray that he doesn't have something wrong with him. I probably worry too much, but he has never been this sick in his entire life! He is just so active and such a happy kid, that it is hard to see him just laying down and not feeling good. He always is the one to lift somebody's spirit in our house, if they are feeling down. And now this week, it has been all of us trying to lift his. It just makes me so grateful to have him in our family, I don't know what we would do without him! So, here's to you Zach, I hope you have a better day today, and that you can get feeling better. We love you!
2 comments:
I am so sorry he is so sick. That really stinks! When he gets back to school feel free to call me anytime to go on a slushie run! I won't be getting a slushie but I too go on Diet Coke runs daily. It's always fun to have someone to visit!
I am so sorry about Z. I wondered where he was on Saturday night and I had no idea he was so sick! I guess this crappy bug is going around because Carter and Chloe were really sick this week too. Carter was worse and his went into croup. He only missed two days of school. But, by the end of the day he is totally wiped out and has no energy. Poor kids! Tell Z we are thinking of him and hope he gets better! We miss seeing you guys!
Post a Comment