So, the doctor called tonight, of course while we were gone to Brinley's soccer game... he left a message and I called him right back when we got home. I was so nervous, and I actually ended up talking to the nurse cuz it was like 7:30 when I called back. She took a minute to get around to what she was trying to say, and I was like "C'mon spit it out"! So.... his White and Red Blood Cell count is normal and looks good, so that I was relieved about! She said his Mono test came back "positive" but is not "active". She explained it to us, and basically Zach has had mono before (once they have had mono, it will always show up in their system) but he currently does NOT have it! I couldn't believe when she said he has had it before!!!!! So, my kid has had mono and we didn't even know it at the time! How crazy is that? We keep trying to think back when it could have been...
So, the different antibiotic seems to be doing much better, except that he is still breaking out in this rash. She said if he still has it in the morning we are going to have to try something rather than Benadryl. So, if we can get rid of this yucky cough he has still, and figure out where this rash is coming from we may be on a road to recovery! We were so relieved to hear that he doesn't have mono right now, that just meant it would be a LONG time until he was feeling better! I think he is anxious to get back to school and all the other things he was doing in his life before this happened! It has made us realize that we take for granted when our bodies are healthy and all the things we are able to do everyday! I am so glad that he is going to be o.k. and that nothing seriously was wrong with him!
I just had to post this picture of Zach, it captures his personality perfect! He is always happy, no matter where he is! You can spot his smile a million miles away! :o)
4 comments:
Holy cow, you have had a heck of a time with this one. I've been out of blogger-land because I am in CA with my family right now and just had to take a peek...sorry about Zach, but I am so glad to see he's on the mend. Don't beat yourself up over the blessing thing. We've all been there. Maybe there was something he needed to learn first!
I'm so sorry about poor Zach...and how he's felt. He is such a great kid, and I know it's been so hard on him (and you guys) to have him "down". You're right about his smile. I remember getting pictures back from the Flash game the boys played in last year....and I asked Matthew who he was 'cause he had gorgeous skin and an amazing smile. :o) I need to call you and catch up with what's going on with him....and I hope Brinley is doing better, too. I have had sick kids, and been sick myself this week. I have had horrible migraines....so I've been bad with the phone. Talk to you soon!!
Crap - I forgot you went private and I had you on my list to let me know when you updated. I kept waiting to hear how "Z" was doing but I just thought maybe today I would peak. I am so sorry. There is nothing worse than having sick kids. Wishing you could just love and make them feel better. If you need anything let me know. I'd be happy to run you over a Sonic!!!
NO fun for Zach. Glad it's not Mono. Hopefully time and rest will make him feel better SOON. Good luck catching up with all his missed school days & sports events! Love ya-
Post a Comment