4.06.2011

BoStOn'S 6th BiRtHdAy!!!

On Feb. 21st Boston turned 6!!! I kinda feel like he got gipped this year, #1 he got sick on the night of his birthday, #2 he didn't get a party until 5 weeks after his birthday, and #3 it has taken me 6 weeks to post about his birthday! Sorry buddy, we still love you, that's just the way things roll right now! I don't know what it is but things have been so busy lately, and I can't seem to catch up! We were in St. George over President's Day weekend (Boston's birthday was ON Pres. Day this year) which we usually tend to be in St. George for baseball. So, we got to celebrate with family while we were there, which is always fun! On Saturday we all went to Pizza Factory, one of our fave places to eat and the same waiter was there that has been there since Morgan and I were dating/engaged/married and he still remembers us every time we go in, even all these years later! He brought out Boston an ice cream sundae and we all sang to him. He felt pretty special!

Mmmm yummy breadsticks!

Eating birthday ice cream! Looks like Zach wants a bite!

On Sunday my mom and I made taco soup (Boston's request) for dinner! My mom had made a pan of chicken enchalada's before we came down that we had with it! We had tons of good food! I made Boston his favorite chocolate cake with whip cream frosting! He loved having everyone there to celebrate with him! My mom always makes sure to have everything special and loves having everyone together!

After Boston opened his presents from my mom and dad, he was so appreciative, and went over and gave them both big hugs and told them thank you! He was so sweet!

Boston and Grandpa Udy

They gave him a new batting tee, to practice hitting with and a Utah shirt!
They love that Boston likes the Utah Utes!

Brinley, Halle, Boston, Kaysha, Kyla, Austin, and Zach

On Monday we drove home (his actual birthday) we stopped at the store on our way home and let him pick out a bike (that is what he wanted) my sister took him shopping in St. George at Target and let him pick out these spy binoculars.

Right when we got home he started running a fever and just wanted me to hold him!
Look how sad he looks. Halle had to jump in and join us!

Brinley gave him this little fox webkinz that she picked out by herself, and we also got him a new jazz shirt and basketball shorts when we went to the game.

He spent the next few days on the couch like this...

So, it was his year to have a friend party, which he pretty much scored cuz we ended up celebrating with family too! It took awhile to find a date with our busy schedules and with the kids being sick, so 5 weeks later we finally threw a party with mostly friends from his kindergarten class and took them all to Monkey Island Fun Center here in Lehi.
Halle loved riding the little carousel!

Boston being goofy! His friend Maddux is in the background!

The kids were tired of be getting pictures, but I had to get a group pic of everyone that was there! That place was SO busy the day we went, the kids had a minimal day at school that day, and I wasn't even thinking that everyone else would decide to do the same thing that day! There were kids running around EVERYWHERE! Well, after being there only about 10 minutes Boston came running to me SCREAMING with his hands on his head! I immediately dropped my bags and sat on the floor to hold him and check his head out. He had an instant HUGE goose egg on the back of his head and come to find out he was climbing up one of the bouncers and fell off and hit his head on the floor! I was pretty scared at first, this nice lady ran over to help me (just another mom that was there) and went and got me a bag of ice to put on his head and got Boston a popsicle to suck on. So, for the first half hour of the party I held Boston on the couch with ice on his head! I felt so bad for him! All of his friends were so nice and kept running over to check on him and see if he was o.k. He finally felt good enough to get up and go play, which I'm glad, but he had a whoppin headache for the next 2 days! I took him to the doctor to get checked out, and they did a neurological test on him, and he did fine, and they told me not to worry! I'm so glad that nothing serious happened!

He wanted to do cupcakes for his party instead of cake, which was fine with me!

And of course he wanted to put his face in it!
His friends thought he was pretty funny!

He loved opening his presents from everyone, that was so fun for him, and he was so thoughtful and told them thank you after each one! The kids would get so excited each time he opened a new one!

All the little rascals! We came back to our house afterwards to have pizza, and cupcakes, and to open presents! It was so nice not having to haul all that stuff there with us! They didn't have much time to play afterwards, but 3 hours later their parents came to get them! It was alot of fun, and I'm glad Bosto got to have all of his little friends over! He sure has made alot of friends in kindergarten, and he tells me funny stories every day! In fact, he told me yesterday that his friend Easton said the "sh" word at recess! I thought to myself, I don't think Easton seems like a boy that would be swearing at school so I asked Boston what he said and he didn't want to say it, so he started spelling it. Well come to find out all the kids at school say that "shut up" is a swear word! hahaha

Halle enjoyed the chocolate cupcakes too! :)

So, there you have it! My little boy is officially 6 now, and we have his party behind us! Phew!
I love you buddy! Even though it took me over a month to post this! Now I will be able to sleep tonight! :)

6 Things I LOVE About my 6 yr. Old

1. I love that he loves rice krispies and rice chex instead of
lucky charms and froot loops!
2. He will turn down a treat if he doesn't feel like eating it
ie: ice cream, a doughnut, people think he is CRAZY!
3. He doesn't really care what other people think
4. He makes us laugh all of the time, and says the funniest things!
5. He has a soft/kind heart
6. He has only lost 1 baby tooth!

I love you buddy! Thanks for being you and always making me SMILE!

Happy Birthday!

No comments: