Snow Springs Elementary
6th Annual Turkey Trot
Kindergarten:
1st place- Boston Bingham
6th Grade:
1st place- Zach Bingham
The last day of school before the kids get out for Thanksgiving Break is when they always hold the Turkey Trot! Something my kids always look forward to!
It was also the day Stormageddon was supposed to hit Utah. It was cold and windy and we got maybe 2 in. of snow, but it definitely wasn't all it was cracked up to be! It makes it a little tough to be packing up and getting ready to go out of town, but I always manage to work things out! This year I didn't have much packing to do since we were coming home Thurs. night, so it made it alot easier! They moved all the times for the Turkey Trot up because of the storm, so I didn't get to see Zach and Brinley run. I was SO sad! Zach called me at lunch and told me he got first place! Brinley had to run the "long" race this year since she was older and she ran out of gas at the end! She said she felt like she was going to throw up. I'm glad she didn't! We didn't prepare her very good, next year we'll do better! :) When I took Boston to school, I just hung out until they were ready to start, I wasn't going to miss his first time racing! I'm so glad I stayed to watch! He led those kindergarten boys to the finish line! He was so fun to watch! We all survived the cold and wind and were ready to hit the road to drive to St. George before the storm rolled in!
Me and the kids after Boston's race.
I went and got Zach and Brinley out of class to come watch him!
I thought it was so cute that they wanted to be there!
My BOYS!
Boston was so excited for his "Thanksgiving Feast" at school! It was all he could talk about for 2 weeks! They got to make pilgrim and indian costumes. He was a pilgrim, which he wasn't too thrilled about, but I thought his costume was darling. I asked him what they did, and he just said... EAT! He said when they were getting read to EAT that a little boy asked if they were going to say a prayer on the food first! Ha ha! He said his teacher just laughed and said no and told them they could go ahead and eat! Gotta love it!
We went down to St. George to my aunt Darla's house for Thanksgiving dinner. The weather was so nice there! I love it! It was a short trip. We had to come home that night cuz Morgan had to be to work at 8 o'clock Friday morning! YUCK! We left around 8 and the kids slept the whole way home! :) But then they were wired when we got into town and stayed up until 4 in the morning! We were a little backwards that weekend, but they had fun! I stayed up till 1 with Halle, and decided to finally take her to bed. I didn't hear a peep from the kids, but I woke up at 4 and all the lights were still on, so I went to check on them, and they were all sound asleep in their beds! CRAZY KIDS!
I loved this picture of my sister and Brinley!
Boston really wanted to stick his face in his chocolate pie, I'm not sure why? Probably cuz that's what his big brother liked to do when he was his age! He thought it was pretty funny, and fun! No one else joined him though.
I didn't get a ton of pictures from our weekend. We also took the kids to see Tangled while we were in St. George. It was SO cute! I think I may have liked it more than my kids! ;) We met my cousins and their kids there, so there was a whole crew of us!
On Friday when we got back the kids got to see their "Funny Uncle Matt" he flew in from Phoenix for the weekend. Morgan, Jason, and him took the kids ice skating, they had tons of fun. I didn't send the camera, so no pictures there. I love that Matt always makes an effort to come see my kids even though he lives far away. He is so cute with them, and is always playing with them, he lets them climb all over him and jump on him, and goes home exhausted! Halle even warmed up to him while he was here! I was so proud of her!
I am so thankful this holiday season for my family, my health, a warm house to live in, my freedom, and everything we get to enjoy in this wonderful country we live in!
No comments:
Post a Comment