Boston had to meet with an Audiologist yesterday, this is the "sound-proof" booth he got to have his hearing test done in! He thought it was awesome!!!
Here is my little buddy!
(They did one ear at a time, that's why the earphone on his left ear is sitting on his head instead of his ear!) :o)
In the last 4 months Boston has had 3 ear infections! The last one just being over Spring Break week! When we got back from St. George I noticed when we got home that every time I would say something to him he would say "huh?" or completely just ignore me! I was getting very frustrated, after repeating myself 20 times, when finally it dawned on me that he was NOT hearing me! Morgan and I were both sure that he was going deaf and freaking out, although I figured it was something to do with his ear infections I couldn't figure out what was going on!
Last Wed. when we met with his speech teacher she suggested we just do a hearing test on him to see what was going on, I felt so much better after talking with her, and she figured he just had some fluid in his ears still (which should have cleared up after being on antibiotics) she suggested he have a more extensive hearing test done, just to make sure that's what was going on. So, she referred us to the Audiologist at Lindon Elementry. She was very nice, and LOVED Boston! He did such a great job, and although he does show hearing loss in both of his ears, it's something that should be o.k. and he will be back to normal after taking care of it!
Thank goodness he has his kindergarten check next week at the doc, and we'll see where to go from there!
No comments:
Post a Comment