11.10.2008

ThE WeEkEnD!!!

We were so ready for the weekend! I had told the kids they could have some friends over Friday night to have a late night since we didn't have to be anywhere the next morning. They had alot of fun. Morgan brought home pizza and we just hung out, the kids played and later we watched the new Indiana Jones movie! It is so good!
Saturday was our first Saturday in a long time that we haven't attended some kind of a sporting event! Can I just tell you how nice it was! We actually got to lay in bed after we woke up cuz we didn't have anywhere to be! And then I made homemade pancakes for my family! They are so yummy! I felt like it was Christmas morning or something! Oh, wait we don't get to lay in bed on Christmas morning! It was actually a really nice day, and after we got done eating Morgan told me that it would probably be one of our last Sat. with good weather... so without me even asking or begging or pleading, what does my husband decide to do? He went downstairs and got the box of Christmas lights and put them up on the house for me!!! Whoa! He must be wanting something, is all I can say! :o) Because that is the first time in our whole marriage that I haven't had to beg for a month for him to put them up! So, thanks honey! They look great!
I have been debating whether or not to perm Brinley's hair...well, I decided to do it! She was so excited to have "CURLS"! And she looks so stinkin cute with them! It only took me like an hour to roll it, she did so good! We just used my kitchen sink, which I'm sure wasn't any fun for her, but she didn't complain! My house still has the beautiful aroma of "perm". Which I think Scentsy is coming out with their new fragrance this month! The boys loved it when they walked in the house! :o) Needless to say her hair still smells like it, and probably will for a couple of weeks! Anyone who hasn't had the chance to have a perm is missin out! When I was little and hair clear down to my waist, my mom would take me and my sister to the beauty college to get our hair permed at the beginning of the school year! They would even use BLUE rods, yeah, the tiny ones that you perm little old grandma's hair with! I swear those are going to come back into style someday!!! You just wait!
Later that afternoon Zach had his end of the season football party at Boondocks. I just had Morgan take him, and they had alot of fun! Of course I don't have any pictures, because I wasn't there! I took the kids to Toys R Us and we got to go window shopping for Christmas! Wow, I can't believe it is that time already! My kids haven't even asked for anything, that's why I had to take them, so I could get an idea of what they wanted!
Yesterday we were watching Kung Fu Panda with the kids and we were laughing our butts off! It is so funny! I had never seen it before, Morgan had taken the kids when I was at Girls Camp in June, so I missed out.
But, I loved the old Turtle Master Dragon Warrior! He was great, he said something in the movie that I seriously had to stop and write down! He was talking to Po and said "Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, But today is a gift, that is why it is called present". I had heard something like that before, so there you go, there is your quote for the day! I love good quotes! Hence "My favorite quotes" on the side! :o)
Here are a few pics of Brinley's new do!


Rollers in the front...

and back!

Getting rinsed out in the sink!

Got Curls?

The final product!

2 comments:

carrie said...

I know what you mean about the whole Saturday thing.... It was SO WEIRD to not have SOMEWHERE to go watch a game of some kind, huh?? ;o) I went in Scrooge and Marley's today and it was full of Christmas everywhere....and they had Christmas music playing. I was like, "WHAT!?!" I wasn't ready for it...then on the way home, I told Jason we should probably get our lights up soon. That's funny how Morgan put yours up! Awesome.... We're usually major procrastinators, to say the least!! ha ha I love Brinley's hair. I think it looks SO CUTE like that. I love curls. She is such a little doll. Hope you have a good week!!

Jessica said...

Holy Cow!! I forgot she was getting a perm. What a bad friend to not ask how that went!!! I see it went well... I LOVE it!!! How funny that we were all at a lose on Saturday without games!!! Well... all I can say about the lights is.... ok... I won't!!! I love Kung Fu Panda.. we ran out immediately and bought our copy!!!