11.05.2008

WeDnEsDaY!

So, it has been a long day!!! It all started this morning when my alarm went off at 4:30 a.m to go workout! I know, it sounds insane... I haven't said much about this Fitness Boot Camp that I have been doing for the last 6 weeks, but I'm almost done with it, so I won't go into any details. Well, this morning I decided to take Zach with me! (Yes, at 5 a.m.) He has been so interested in what I have been doing every morning since the day I started! He has been so excited and always asks me how my workout was! He has told me he wanted to come with me before, so I thought I would let him come once just for him to see what I really go through every day! :o) A couple of my other friends that go, decided to bring their boys too. They all loved it, and they did SO awesome!!! Zach wants to keep coming with me, but I don't think I am going to pay for him to. He doesn't have all the fat rolls that I do to work off! We had to partner off for a few things, and let's just say that these boys kicked our butts! (I didn't bring my 10 yr. old boy to show me up, that's for sure!) I was amazed at how tough these boys were! Afterwards we went and did some cardio on the treadmills and they got to shoot some hoops! So, they were happy about that! It was so much fun to have Zach there with me, I loved that he wanted to come! When we left the house this morning and we were driving up Main Street (that is usually packed with cars) Zach said to me, "Wow there aren't a whole lot of people up this early are there?" "I think it's because there aren't any stores open this early!"
As we started driving on the freeway it started hailing and the wind was blowing really hard. It would stop for a minute and then start up again. Well, when we came out of the building an hour and a half later there was a good 3 inches of snow on the ground and it was coming down like crazy! We all ran out to our cars as fast as we could to get out of the snow. It took us forever to get home like 25 mins. just from Thanksgiving Point! I was driving like 10 mph cuz the roads were so bad! I will never forget this particular morning driving home with my son in the early morning during this terrible storm and just chatting about life! He has been learning about weather in school, and he was perplexed about why the hail was coming and going like it was... He said to me "Mom, I haven't got that far yet". I had to think about it for a minute, and then I realized that he meant he hadn't learned about that yet! I started laughing, and told him "Well, it sounds like a good thing to ask your teacher about, cuz you know your mom doesn't know that answer!" He just laughed and said "Yeah"!
So, when we got home it was time for him to get ready for school. Morgan came out and we were just talking in the living room, and then Brinley and Boston woke up, they were so excited to see the snow outside! I opened up the door (so they could get the whole effect) and Boston just yelled "Holy Crappers"! That's a word he made up by himself! I think this was the first morning that we all actually ate breakfast together before everyone headed off to school and work!  
So, my life/habits have changed a little since getting up early every morning... as most of you know I am a total NIGHT person!!! That is MY time to unwind after my kids go to bed, and usually would end up way into the night. Well, that would result in not wanting to get out of bed in the morning, and I had gotten into a bad habit of this. Getting up early has gotten me to go to bed early and thus makes us a little happy family in the morning before everyone heads their different directions... which my husband absolutely LOVES! If anything good has come out of this Boot Camp, this would be it! Not that I have lost a whopping 3 pds. in the last 6 weeks! Go figure!
So, this morning I was really feeling on top of things! I had cleaned the kitchen (unloaded and loaded the dishwasher) which I despise, done 2 loads of laundry (washed and folded) showered and got ready all by 9:30 a.m.! Wow, we had time to kill until Boston went to Gymnastics at 11! I had the T.V. on listening to all the "news" about our new President this morning and I was trying to explain to Boston that we had a new President and was trying to teach him his name (Yeah, I know you would have liked to be a part of that conversation) but he just giggled every time I said it! My sister called and he answered the phone and the first thing he said to her was "What do you think about Obama?" She was just laughing, and I told her that I had been teaching him his name all morning! Too funny!
Well, after Gymnastics me and my friend Jess took the kids and went to lunch at Paradise Cafe! I told her I had never eaten there before, and I think she felt bad for me! :o) Chloe and Boston are so cute together, and were so excited to eat lunch together! Boston calls her his girlfriend! So, that was fun, but I am still full! The food is so yummy there!
Then it was time to go get the kids from school... and after that I always feel like things are so hectic with homework and everything! This has been the first week that Zach hasn't had practice for anything, and it has felt kinda like we are on vacation or something! It has been so nice! We will have about a month off until basketball starts! What a nice little needed break!
So, after dinner, baths, and bedtime I am ready to hit the sack! And do it all again tomorrow! :o)

2 comments:

Craig and Jessica Smith said...

I still can't believe you took Zach and he stayed awake at school all day! That is awesome and I think it's awesome that he loves to still do things with his mom!

Thanks for going to lunch with me! That was so much fun and yummy! Chloe loves Boston and she loves being in his gymnastics class. Now, we just need to get their teachers to let them be in the same group! Thanks again, you're awesome!

Craig and Jessica Smith said...

Hey, do I like the word awesome today?! Really, who is your nerdy friend?!