1.31.2011

My BaBy!


Today my little girl went into nursery for the first time! I really had mixed emotions about it, and insisted on staying in there with her whether she needed me to or not! Her nursery leaders were making fun of me, cuz I was having a harder time with it than she was! :) It's just that my baby shouldn't be old enough to do puzzles, sing songs, sit at the table and color a picture of Jesus, and squeal in delight as bubbles are blown over her head as she pops each little one with her little finger! It honestly didn't even hit me that Halle would be starting nursery this month! The nursery leader stopped me in the hall in Dec. and told me how excited they were for her to be coming in, and I had to turn my head to see who she was talking to! Not ME, not MY BABY! And ever since then I just kept thinking "Oh, I'm not going to take her then, she's just too little, I'm going to wait until she's older". So I honestly can say that I was dragging my 2 feet as I took her into the classroom today! In fact, on our way to church this morning (Yes, we have 9 a.m. church and we ALL made it on time! Well, on time for me is before the sacrament is passed!) I told my kids that Halle would be going to nursery for her first time today! Even they were like "NO she isn't going- she's too little!" Even Morgan was like "Shouldn't she be able to talk before she goes?" So, I stayed after sacrament was over and was talking with people and was trying to come up with every excuse that I could to not take her in. But couldn't. So then I was just thinking, she's not going to like it, and then I won't have to take her next week. Well, we walked in and her cute nursery leaders were so happy to see her they were clapping and so excited she was there! How could she not like that? She climbed right up to the table and started doing the puzzles that were there. She did SO good! Better than I ever imagined! I had to stay there the whole time cuz I had to see what she was doing!
Next week Daddy will get to take her cuz I have to teach Primary...
Oh, I just love this little girl! I can't believe she is 18 months!


2 comments:

Kyle.Sharo.Chase.Matti.Cole.Zach said...

I'm so glad you feel the same way! I know most parents can't wait to throw them in there, but I find myself avoiding the primary leaders because I know they are going to tell me it's time to take my little guy! It will be harder for me than it will for him to go!!

Vic, Linds, and the girls... said...

Hey Sommer, it is Lindsay Dahle (Ream). I was trying to find your phone number to ask you a question, but could only find your blog.... Your family is so dang cute!!! Time flies.... Holy Cow. It is fun to see your blog and catch up with everybody. Would you mind sending me your phone number I wanted to talk to you!!!! email me at lindsaydream@hotmail.com. Thanks so much!!!!