Today we headed back to ReAlItY...
After the kids being out of school for 2 WHOLE weeks, and Morgan being off of work for 9 days, it was a much needed vacation for all of us, and we totally enjoyed it! But now we are back to bedtimes, homework, dance, basketball, and schedules!!!
It was so fun having the kids home for 2 weeks for Christmas Break this year, they have never gotten out of school for that long before! The week before Christmas was so nice to have them home, they were so much help, and I was able to get everything done early in the week, so we could just hang out Christmas Eve day and play games, and eat yummy food!
We decided to head to my parents in Logan on Sunday, we usually never go anywhere during Christmas, but decided we better go visit one last time before grandma and grandpa moved to St. George. We were only there for a couple days, Zach was playing in a basketball tournament in S.L.C that we had to get back for. He had a game Monday night that he and Morgan drove down for, and then came back to Logan. Kinds crazy, but I wasn't ready to leave yet. Tues. morning my mom wanted to take the kids to a movie, so we went and saw Yogi Bear in 3D! It was pretty cool to watch in 3D, and the kids actually kept their glasses on the whole time! Then Grandpa took us to Fox's Pizza afterwards and ordered the biggest pizza you have ever seen! I wish I would have gotten a picture of it! It was HUGE! We got on the road about 3:30 to drive to Zach's games at 6 and 9. It was so stinkin cold up in Logan, and yes, I was in my flip flops... I think people think I am crazy.
On Wed. my brother Matt and his family were driving home from Disneyland and stopped and stayed with us. They were going to drive home that night, but we had a huge snow storm, and the wind was blowing so hard! They went to leave and realized how bad it was and turned around and came back to our house! The kids were so excited to have a sleep over with their Idaho cousins they don't get to see that often!
On Thursday we took our tree down, and cleaned, cleaned, cleaned in order for more company on Fri. It felt so good, and gave us lots more space in our living room! I LOVE all of my Christmas decorations, but it always feels so good to take them down, everything always feels alot less cluttered! Zach wanted to change his room around, so we did that some of the morning, and I let the kids have sleepovers that night cuz Morgan's parents were going to be in town on New Years' Eve. The kids were up so late every night they were out of school, it was crazy!
On Friday Morgan's parents and his brother Wes and his 2 boys Chance and Kooper came and stayed with us. Chance is 6 months older than Boston and in the 1st grade, and Kooper is Halle's age and we had never met him! It was fun for the kids to play together. We exchanged Christmas presents, and the kids thought it was Christmas all over again!
They got so many nice things this year from everyone!
They are pretty spoiled if you ask me!
We rung in the New Year with all the kids being a little crazy! The babies were both sleeping, and the kids were all yelling, so I told them to open the front door and go yell outside. It was so funny cuz right as they started yelling a siren went off and they thought they were in trouble!
We spent most of the day Saturday putting the house back together! Morgan gathered all the dirty sheets, and towels from the house and made a big pile that needed to be washed. I am still working on that pile. I will probably have a couple loads each day to do!
I have to say it feels good to have the house in order again, and to have the kids going to bed at normal times again! Boston and Halle lost alot of hours of sleep the last couple of weeks! I can't say it affected Zach and Brinley much! :) Boston went to bed Sat. and Sun. nights at 8 and woke up at 8! This little boy needs his full 12 hrs of sleep! I must too, I laid down with him and Halle lastnight at 8 and never woke up till this morning... I was beat!
So, here's to 2011! I can't wait to see what it has in store for us! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment