After 3 weeks of postponing because sick kiddos Zach finally was ordained a Deacon last Sunday! His birthday was Oct. 2 and he ended up getting ordained on Halloween! Kinda funny, at least it was still October! It was a special day. I still can't believe I am old enough to have a 12 year old! We had it done before church so that he would actually be able to pass the sacrament that day. I was the very first person he passed it to, which was pretty cool! And then his dad and our family. He is such a good kid, and was so excited to be passing the sacrament! He is loving being 12 and doing things with the older kids, instead of being in Primary! I don't blame him!
Zach with mom and dad
My mom and my sister were the only ones that were able to be there. My mom drove down from Logan that morning. I'm glad they were there. My sister is really close with Zach. She was going to Dixie when we lived in St. George while Zach was little, so they have some special memories together!
Of course we had to have our traditional dinner in a pumpkin on Halloween!
It is always fun, my mom had never had it before, she thought we were supposed to eat the pumpkin too! Which you can, but I didn't cook mine in the oven long enough, I cooked my rice first so it would be done quicker. It was Sunday, and everyone is always hungry on Sunday!
No comments:
Post a Comment