11.04.2010

SiCkNeSS!!!


For the past 27 consecutive days we have had sickness in our home. It all started out with Boston having strep, and looks like it is ending with Boston having the flu. Poor kid. He has been home all week from school. All the days this week have been a blur and have all seemed to mesh together. Whatever flu bug we caught has been a nasty one! Zach was the next to get sick, and we just assumed that he had strep cuz my kids get it ALL the time! (Which I have found out that EVERYONE doesn't get strep like us, we are the unlucky ones!) so we took him right into the doctor the first day he was running a fever to get him on some meds to start feeling better, but NOPE his test came back NEGATIVE and found out he had some kind of virus. Well, he ran a fever for 5 straight days! He had a headache, body aches, sore throat, cough, congestion, and a HIGH FEVER!!! The good thing is that I knew exactly what to expect when Brinley got it the next week!!! I didn't freak out when she didn't feel like eating for the first 2 days, and then every time she would try to eat her belly would hurt! They were pretty much miserable for a week, which is no fun! On the 21st I took Halle in to get her 15 month shots, and the nurse talked me into getting her a flu shot (which I'm still not sure why I did it) We NEVER get flu shots. That very night she ran a fever, and did the whole time Brinley was running hers. I told Brinley she got the bad end of the deal being sick the same time Halle was because my baby took up so much of my time, and didn't want to be put down. Poor thing. After Brinley was feeling better I thought we were home free! It felt so good, I stripped down all the bedding in the house, and washed everything! Then my little Boston woke up with a fever Halloween morning! I tried to ignore it all day and tell myself he wasn't sick... but he told me otherwise! So, that pretty much sums up my October, they each took their own week and wanted to spend it with me!!! How nice of them! :) Boston has been free of a fever for 2 days now, I'm hoping he is better for next week because I get to go into his class and talk about him and share a poster with his class where he will be STAR of the WEEK!

Needless to say, my kids slept an awful lot while they were sick, fevers are no fun! Halle even fell asleep on the couch, that NEVER happens!

No comments: