Last Saturday Zach's 6th grade A team played in the Championship game against Lone Peak. This was our first time making it this far, and it was so exciting! The coaches surprised the boys with new jerseys for the play offs, to get them pumped! They were silver with purple numbers outlined in black, totally sweet!
The boys all decided that they were going to have mohawks for the game too, some were more extreme than others, but it was fun! A few even showed their Lehi pride and colored their hawk purple! You should have seen the inside of their helmets after! Ha ha!
We started off the game on the right foot and scored a touchdown, but that was the last for Lehi! It was a sad ending, the boys were really upset, but we were just proud of them for making it that far! Both teams showed really great sportsmanship, and that's what really matters! After the game they had both teams go out and line up on the field for awards, which was really awesome! Morgan handed out the medals to the boys, and the picture above is him giving Zach his medal, I thought it was so cute!
This was when we were walking off the field, Zach was having a hard time, and Morgan just went and walked beside him and put his arm around him, didn't say anything, just walked beside him. It melted my heart. Sometimes you just can't say anything to make it feel better, this was one of those times.
Some of the parents wanted a team picture after the game.
I have learned that you don't ask to take pictures after you loose a game. You just don't.
But I didn't say anything.
So, while we were at it...
I took a couple more...
Zach and his number 1 fan!
Don't they look happy?
I guess I really didn't learn. But I had a picture of Boston with his dad after their last game, so I HAD to get one of him and Zach too!
Morgan spent many hours on the football field this season, he LOVES this game!
After the game I was planning on driving to Logan. My nephew Nate got baptized that morning. It was at 10:00 right during the game, but I wanted to go up for the day still. My sister went up Friday night and took Brinley and Boston with her so they could be there for Nate'dog's baptism. They just love him, he really is like a brother to them! We were so sad that Zach's game ended up being at the same time. But I'm glad that they at least still got to go up for it.
Zach decided that he wanted to come with me after they lost, he wanted to get his mind off of things, and we left Morgan home cuz he had to teach Elders Quorum the next day. It was my brother Mike's birthday the next day, so we stayed for dinner and went to church with Rhett and his family. It was such a fun weekend, it was short, but I'm so glad we went, that's when the memories are made!
I didn't get any pictures of the kids, they are on my sister's camera. Dang.
No comments:
Post a Comment