I love this picture of Zach holding Halle last year at this time! This was one night after practice,
you can see the bruises on his arm!
It has officially began...
Last night FOOTBALL started!
Zach has had his pads for two weeks, and has been counting down the days! You can usually find 2-3 footballs laying around the house at this time, the boys are constantly picking one up and playing catch or just throwing it around. This kid was BORN to play football! He lives, breathes, and eats it up this time of year! Last night we went and watched the end of try-outs. I couldn't believe all the kids that were there! And the coaches... they live for this as much as the kids! There was definitely a feeling of excitement there! Football has so much energy and is so fun to watch! Zach told me yesterday that he loves this time of year because "Football starts, and it's my birthday" but the thing I don't like about it is I have to go back to school!"
Yes, my kids about started crying yesterday when I told them that there are only 2 more Mondays before school starts!
I can't even believe it is August!
Where did the summer go?
I'm not ready to send my kids back yet!
I have so many pictures on my camera that I haven't uploaded to my computer yet, so many things that I haven't blogged about yet! We have been so busy, but are here to stay now
(I guess)
I took Halle in for her 1 yr. check today. She was hilarious! She wanted nothing to do with that office or anyone in it for that matter! She cried the second the nurse walked into the room, she knew what was happening! She is so smart! Everything was good, she is off the charts on her height and her head and weighs 25 lbs! She hated every bit of that appointment! She was in hysterics the whole time! Poor thing!
I also had Zach come with us so he could get his physical for football! They told me that he could get his shots for junior high while we were there, so we decided why not? His arm will already be hurting from football! He really doesn't start until next year, but why not be prepared? His physical is good for a year, so will be good for scout camp next year too! I can't believe my boy will be going into middle school! I am so glad he is at the Elementary this year! He will be in 6th, Brinley in 3rd, and my little Boston is starting kindergarten! How fun for them to all be at the same school for 1 year!
It is late and my mind is rambling, tomorrow I will get my pictures on my computer and share a little of what we have been up to!
Goodnight!
2 comments:
I hope one day he realizes that baseball is his true passion in life!! :)
I have loved catching up on your fun posts. Your kids are so cute. Halle is growing up so much and is such a doll. I am so excited for football to start, too. The last few weeks have been CRAZY around here, too. I am just as sad as my kids about school starting up again. I wish there was at least one more month of summer left. :o( I'm still stressed about Matthew going to Jr High this year. They grow up way too fast. Anyway, it'll be fun to see you around at the games this fall. I love this time of year....even though my husband is NEVER home, and when he IS home....he seems to be dealing w/something related to football. Oh well, I'm glad he's with my kids and able to coach them. I loved Halle's b-day pictures, too. Great job on the cute shirt! I am so horrible at making anything...so I really admire that you were able to do that. You're such a great mom.
Post a Comment