Last Wednesday my nephew Braeden (my brother Mike's oldest boy) received his mission call!!! We knew he was going to be getting it that day because he didn't get it the week before, and it usually doesn't take more than 2 weeks to get your call! Everyone was going over to his house that night at 7 to see him open it. When my kids got home from school I was telling them that he got it and they asked if we were going up to Logan to see him. I told them that I wasn't planning on it, and they all wanted to go so bad! I explained to them that it would be a lot of driving and we would have to come back that same night because they had school the next day, but they didn't care! I'm a pretty spontaneous person, (just ask my husband :o) so we hurried and picked up the house, grabbed some movies for the car, and some pillows and blankets and we were out of there! I had to call Zach's coaches and tell them what we were doing, he was supposed to have baseball AND basketball practice! They both understood, which I was so happy for! I really wanted Zach to be there! I decided to surprise everyone since they had no idea that we were coming! I am so glad that we decided to go up for the night! I think that my kids will remember that night forever! Braeden is such a good kid, and my kids really look up to him being the oldest cousin! He is so talented and has so many things going for him! So... anyway, he is going to Ventura California!!! English speaking! He is VERY excited! We were all a bit shocked cuz everyone thought he would be going out of the country for some reason and learning a language! But sometimes the Lord has a different plan in store! :) He leaves on June 9th!
It was so fun to be there, it was a quick trip but well worth it!
CONGRATULATIONS BRAEDEN!!! We are so happy for you!
1 comment:
Oh my goodness! I can't believe he is old enough to go on a mission. I still remember him from when he was little. He has changed so much. He looks alot like his dad. How exciting for him. My oldest nephew Tyler is in Caifornia Arcadia mission right now. Seems weird that our nephews can be on missions huh? Tell him, Mike, and Susan congrats!!
Post a Comment