I was talking to a friend the other day and we were talking about how as a mom you make sacrifices everyday! Even if it means giving your last bite of chocolate cake to your cute little boy sitting next to you! :) Now these aren't sacrifices that I feel I HAVE to make, but because I want my kiddos to be happy and to be taken care of, and as their mother I have that responsibility! I feel like I always put myself last, not on purpose, but because I feel like I need to take care of them first! I'm not complaining, that's just my life, and I LOVE it! Even getting ready for church, I am ALWAYS the last one getting ready! Maybe I should change that and we could actually start being on time! :)
Well, for Christmas I got one of
THESE

because our other ihome speakers were going out and sounded terrible. I thought it would be nice to have in the bedroom with a clock and thought maybe I would listen to my ipod more if it was in my bedroom. Well, seeing as how Zach got a new itouch for Christmas he was always coming in and charging his ipod or listening to it or whatever, which was fine! But I started thinking about it and realized he was getting a lot more use out of it than I was. So, after school yesterday I told him that he could just take it up to his room and have it! He was so super excited! He was so cute, and so HAPPY! As he was unplugging it he actually thought about it and said, "But mom, what are you going to use for a clock?" I hadn't really thought about that part, and I said "I'll just use the one you have in your room". So, he kindly brought it down for me and plugged it in on my dresser. When I went in my bedroom later, I just started laughing, because there on my dresser sat something like this...

this was the very first alarm clock that we got Zach when he was in kindergarten so he would know what time it was when he woke up! Since then, Spongebob's head has fallen off... but this is what I get to look at, each night to see what time it is! Thankfully it is dark! :)
So, there my friends is another example of a mothers sacrifice!!!
4 comments:
I LOVE it! I'm not above Sponge Bob! Sounds like you aren't either- he is beside you on your nightstand! At least you will always smile in the mornings knowing your son is loving his new i-home!
:) That is the greatest story! You are the best mom EVER!! Love it!
That is Hilarious!!! I love it
That hilarious! What a good mom you are
Post a Comment