
My baby is 6 months old TODAY!!! I can hardly stand it! Where does all the time go? My kids think I am crazy, but we have been singing Happy Birthday to her all day long! I remembered yesterday that today was the 21st, but it wasn't until I got the video camera out, cuz she was talking so cute that when I looked at the date I realized it!
I ran to the store quick when the kids got home from school and had Brinley and Halle with me. When I was checking out there was a basket of suckers on the counter so I asked Brinley if she wanted one, I grabbed one for Halle just to hold thinking Boston could have it later or whatever! Yeah right! That girl started sucking on that thing and was going crazy! She was getting the flavor through the wrapper of the sucker she was sucking so hard (these were just the little dum dum's) and she totally had red slobber running all the way down her face and shirt! NICE! She even fell asleep on the way home sucking it! Too cute! But of course woke up when I went inside to grab my camera! So, we decided after we got home from Zach's basketball game tonight to strip her down and give her the "real" thing without the wrapper on it! This was her very first taste of a treat, and funny, but I think she like it better with the wrapper on! It was more of a challenge for her! :) She liked it for a little bit, but kept throwing it on the floor. At one point, the sucker was stuck on her cheek and had us all laughing pretty hard! Oh, babies bring so much joy! I can't think of our lives without Halle, she was for sure meant to come to our family! She has brought so much love and happiness into our home it is unbelievable! I just want to put my kids in a bubble right now, and never pop it!
If I have learned anything, it is to enjoy EACH MOMENT! They are going to keep growing whether I like it or not, so I better just enjoy each little stage that they are in and quit wishing that they were this, or that! I have really tried to do this with Halle, where she is my last baby, and it is so fun!
I look back at her tiny little body when we brought her home from the hospital, and never imagined that she would be a whoppin 20 lbs. at 6 months old!
I miss burping her in the night after she had eaten and just holding her on my chest melting into my body.
But I LOVE sitting her up after I have fed her and having her burp and look at me with those pretty little eyes like "What was that?"
I miss her sleeping ALL day long, and not being able to wake her up for anything, even to eat...
But I LOVE listening to her giggle and jabber when she is awake during the day now, and watching her play on the ground as she rolls around, and is trying to sit up!
Each little stage she goes through is SO much fun! She rolled over for the first time on Jan. 10! I remember the date, cuz when I wrote it down, I thought it was cool! 1-10-10
She is sitting up for a little bit at a time now, but I have to stay close by for when she decides to tip over! She loves to be on her belly to play, the second I lay her down on her back she flips right over! We just love this little girl, I can't believe in another 6 months she will be turning 1!
We love you little CHUVVAS!
(Boston gave her this nickname- we would call her little "Chubbas" I don't know where he got the "v" from, but he thought we were saying "chuvvas" and that's what he would call her, well, now we ALL call her that! Too funny! :)
Halle sucking on her toes! One of her favorite things to do!
1 comment:
AWW! So Cute! Time flies doesn't it? I am the same way as you, trying to enjoy each stage Atley is in. I hate how fast they change and grow. It is so sad. I can't believe I haven't even seen Halle
in real life. We need to get together sometime.
Post a Comment