2.23.2009

2+2=4

Yup, that's how old my little buddy turned on Sat.! I can't even believe he is 4, and growing up! He is so stinkin cute, and I swear he already acts and talks older since his birthday! (O.K. I'm sure it's just me, but hey!) I don't know why, but Zach and Brinley are always more excited on his birthday than he is...well, in the morning that is. They both can't wait for him to wake up and open his presents! Brinley came down into my room at 6 a.m. and I made her make a little bed on the floor until he woke up. Then Zach comes bee-boppin down at 7:00 and so kindly woke us all up! The funny thing is Morgan was out helping someone move in our ward, and we had to wait until he got back to open presents anyway! His daddy even made him a special birthday breakfast with his favorite things! Normal Pancakes (he doesn't like puff pancakes like my other kids), crunchy bacon, and orange juice. He loved all of his presents, and was so cute when he opened them! So grateful for a 4 year old! :o) Zach hurried and set up his Geo Tracks for him, and then him and Morgan whisked off to basketball practice for a few hours.
I had promised Boston that he could have a friend birthday party this year. He has never had one, and was so excited! I was worried beforehand how I was going to pull it off feeling the way I have been, but thankfully I felt pretty good the few days before and was able to do the things I needed to get ready. I just kept praying the morning of his birthday that I would feel good enough to do his party for him. And miraculously we made it through! His party wasn't until 4:00, and the poor little guy had to wait ALL day long for his friends to get there! ( I didn't even think about that part, Way to go MOM!) His party was so much fun, he loved having everyone there for HIM! We kept it pretty simple, and did some of Boston's favorite things. He LOVES to play games, so we played Musical chairs, Pin the tail on the donkey, Duck duck goose, and everyone's favorite... hitting the pinata! I feel like I didn't get very many pictures of the day, because I was busy videoing (is that a word) the whole thing. Boston chose a baseball pinata and was determined that HE was going to be the one to break it! After all, it is his birthday right? :o) So, he got to be the first one to hit, and then his friend Maddux was next, he busted it open on his second hit! We weren't expecting THAT to happen! :) So, Morgan rigged it up and tied a rope around it, so all the kids could have a turn hitting! They were all so cute, and excited when they candy came out!
Then we went upstairs for pizza, presents, and cookies! It was a fun day, thanks to all who made Boston's birthday special for him! He was worn out by the end of the night, and so was I!
Oh, I have to give an explanation about the UTES shirt! Ever since my brothers and nephews were here watching the Sugar Bowl Boston has been a Ute fan! It is the funniest thing, because my family are all Utes fans, and Morgan grew up liking BYU, and is now the typical Utah Valley BYU fan (even more so since we live here) So, I get a kick out of Boston liking the Utes. My mom was asking what she could get him for his birthday, and I told her if she got him ANYTHING Utes, that he would love it! So, when my sister came over and let him open his present, he went running around the house going crazy because of this shirt! All of his friends were just staring at him...seriously! I wish I would have got it on video, I think it's the only thing I didn't get of the day!
Morgan thought it would be fun to take the family to the Utah v.s. BYU game this Saturday, Boston wants to wear his shirt, I think I may even go get me one! :o)

Enjoy this slideshow of Boston's special day!



4 things I love about my 4 year old!

1. He is funny
2. He is tender
3. He is my buddy!
4. He is nice to everyone!

I love you Buddy!

4 comments:

Angie Bauco said...

What a fun day, Happy Birthday Boston! You look so much like your Dad and we saw him in Boston on his mission. You share the same birthday as Chris' niece and Darin's fiancee! Must be a popular day. Enjoy those GeoTrax!

Emily H said...

He is so stinkin cute!

AliandT said...

What a cutie he looks so grown up. Today was our first day in our new ward and when I was talking to Ray about going to nursery she said YAY!! Boston

Hunsaker Family said...

I don't think the UTES shirt counts because it is BLUE and should be RED! Seriously :)
Love the pictures and updates. Too fun for Boston to have party festivas. Your baby is 4, good thing you're having another one. My baby turns 3 in a couple of weeks, does that mean I get to have another one too?!
Love you,
Tara