8.13.2011

Summer here... Summer gone...

Wow! I am feeling a bit sad as I write this right now... that summer is almost over! Only 1 more week until my kiddos go back to school!
I am also feeling sad that I haven't posted 1 thing about this summer!
I have been trying to play catch up and haven't quite "caught up" yet!
Going to Cooperstown, NY in July was definitely the highlight of our summer! It was something we will never forget, and I am so grateful that we were able to have that experience together!
I look back at pictures from while we were there, and I honestly MISS it! I have about 450 pictures that I printed at Costco that I still need to put in a book of our trip that I am just trying to find the time to do!
I feel like most summers we spend swimming at the pool, but with the pool not opening until June 17th this year I contemplated even getting a pass, I didn't know if we would use it enough. Morgan knew better and went ahead and got us one, and I'm glad he did, cuz we have spent MANY days there since we have been back!
We spent most of June getting ready for our trip, or should I say "I" spent most of my time getting everyone else ready!
We got to spend a few days with my brothers family who were here from Tennessee and had Lehi Round Up Days before we left!
The week before we left (when I was busy getting all of the last minute things done) Halle got sick! I thought I would never be able to do everything I needed. I dropped everything and held her for 2 days while she was running a fever. Luckily it didn't last long and I was still able to get everything done! It's alot different packing to go on an airplane, than to just drive to St. George where I can throw whatever I forget into the van as we are leaving out the door!
We left on June 29th and came back July 13th! We got to spend the 4th of July at Cooperstown, watching baseball games! We drove to the city of Oneanta for fireworks that night, which was fun! Morgan and Zach stayed, cuz they were so tired and didn't want to get back late.
My mom and dad lived in Oneanta right after they were married. My dad went there to play baseball, I don't remember how long they lived there for, I am thinking it was just for the summer. We were so sad it was dark, cuz we would have loved to go see where he played and where they lived and everything! So sad that we were that close and didn't even get to see!
After we got back from our trip I thought we would be so tired we would want to relax, but the kids spent the ENTIRE day outside playing in the yard with their friends! I think they were happy to be back home and out of the city! It was nice to be home!


Their best sides...

Our Family

Both Zach and Boston played in the Pioneer Day tournament in South Jordan. This was Boston's first tourney and it kinda did him in! He was a bit worn out both days!
My mom was here for the weekend and stayed another day since my birthday was on Sunday! Her and Morgan made it a special day for me! We all slept in and skipped church cuz we were so worn out from the weekend. You just have to do that once in awhile, and it was SO nice!
Morgan and my mom made dinner and my mom made me a cake! Everything was so yummy and it was so nice to not have to be in the kitchen! We went to the park that night to listen to this band play that a couple of guys from our ward were in. It was a nice relaxing day!

The next weekend we went down to St. George for Zach to play in a tournament with a new team. This was their first time playing together, and it was really fun! This is the team he will be playing with in the Fall with since he won't be playing football! Sigh...
I am so sad he won't be playing football this year! Hopefully taking a year off will help his knees and give them a break! He has Osgood Slaughters disease, so ice and rest are about the only thing that will help him right now! It will be nice to not have to worry about him getting injured though!

So, June and July flew by! I kinda feel like we haven't had a summer! Although it was fun to getaway for a couple weeks and go on vacation! We have spent many days swimming and hangin with friends! Zach has kept busy with baseball, Brinley has been busy dancing! I originally had planned to have her take the summer off, but she didn't want the "break"! They actually had a "break" and it was while we were in Cooperstown, so it worked out perfectly!
Boston has been my little buddy and big helper to Halle! I love having this kid around and love that he doesn't have a super busy schedule yet! He is so much fun to be around and Halle loves to play with him! He is ready to play flag football this fall!

I can't believe my kids go back to school on Monday! We are leaving Friday to go to Lava Hot Springs with my family, we go every year, and this year it hasn't quite happened yet, so we are going to hurry and squeeze it in! I will post pics later!

My family on the day of my birthday

My awesome mom with me and my girls!
She always makes everything so special...



2 comments:

sanaejames photography said...

love the pics! you had a busy summer..It's bitter sweet to have kids in school ya? i see my house behind you guys on the last picture and it makes me sad.:(

Vickie said...

Hi Sommer,
Cute blog! You have such a cute family. It was fun to talk to you at the family reunion.
❤ Vickie