
It's Friday, and I can hardly believe that my kiddos have been back in school for a week!
I'm never ready for my kids to leave me after all summer and go back to school, but this year totally snuck up on us!
We snuck in our annual Lava trip the last weekend and came home early Sunday afternoon since Zach's first day of Middle School was the next day!
Yes, my oldest baby started Middle School this year! But he was so ready to be done with Elementary! After being the oldest in the school last year, now he gets a turn to be the youngest in the school again, and to be called a "sevey" (another term for 7th grader) which they don't like to be called! But I reminded him that next year he will get to call the kids seveys!
He really has enjoyed it so far, it is a big change, but he loves going to school with all of his friends again! 2 years ago when North Pointe was built he lost alot of his friends there, so he was happy to be with them again!
On Monday they had only the 7th grade go which I thought was a great idea to let them get used to being there, & where their classes are, etc. before all of the older kids come!
I love watching this boy grow into a young man! He is such a good kid and has a kind heart! He is a little sad to not be playing football this year, but is excited to be playing with his new Red Sox baseball team this Fall! Super League starts tomorrow, I can't even believe it!
Oh, and if you're wondering where a picture of this handsome boy is...
well, I guess he is too cool for that this year!
I wanted a picture of him standing in front of his new school, but he wouldn't have anything to do with it! I guess I'll have to snap a picture of the school by itself, but that's not very fun!

My little Boston started 1st grade this year! I don't think he really knew what to think about it, and is still a little overwhelmed by it all. But I know he'll get the hang of it! He is a great learner and loves to read, so I know he will learn lots of good things this year!
Boston in his new shoes...
this kid seriously has the biggest feet out of any 6 year old I know! This year we had to get him a size 4!!! He has been so good at wearing his orthodics, and isn't much of a flip flop guy anymore! Probably cuz his feet kill him when he doesn't wear them!

This little beauty started 4th grade this year! She was really hoping to get Zach's old teacher, but didn't. She was really bummed the whole week after finding our teachers out... until we got to back to school night and walked into her classroom only to find a super cute, energetic, young girl to be her teacher! YEAH!!!! Brinley couldn't have been happier! We knew nothing about her teacher other than she was new to this school! She would have loved to have more friends in her class, but there is always room to make new friends!
Brinley has decided to put a few more hours of dance into her week, she danced all summer and loved it, and is moving up a few levels! We'll see next week how that all works out with school and everything else! Brinley was a super big helper to me during the summer, and I will miss her badly, but am excited to see what this year has in store for her! She is such a sweetheart!
Together... 8:00 a.m. mind you! ;)

Boston let me walk him into his class and even take a picture! I just love this kid!
He could care less what anyone else thinks! I just hope it lasts!!!
Brinley with some of our neighbor girls...
(Shaylee, Mariah, Mylee, Kayla, and Brinley)
Me and Halle have gone down to the school EVERY DAY this week to eat lunch with the kids!
It is such a transition for these 1st graders to be at the school all day, let alone eat lunch there!
It is a nice break during the day for Boston and gives me comfort knowing that I was there to help him open his capri sun, bag of chips, or whatever he needed help with! Oh, and to wipe off his face! Haha! You don't know how many kids walk out of the lunch room with peanut butter from ear to ear! I just wanted to help him with his routine and make sure he knew what to do! The lunch room is crazy and there are duty guards to help the kids, but not enough of them to go around! Today when we went I made Boston open his capri sun by himself and he DID it! I was so excited! I know that sounds silly, but I have always been there to open everything for him, and never even thought of teaching him how to do it till now!
This may have been our last day going cuz Halle threw a fit today! She was screaming the whole way into the school, I'm pretty sure she just wanted to be at home in bed watching Little Mermaid! I don't blame her! She finally stopped once we were in the lunchroom and she saw the kids! But man she was NOT happy! My little neighbor girl McKenzie even came up to me and asked why Halle was so cranky! I thought that was funny!
This is Boston with his BF Hank. They were hoping to get in the same class this year, but didn't so they look forward to lunch where they can sit by each other! Oh, and to play football together at recess of course! Hank was diagnosed with Diabetes almost 6 months ago, in fact I remember they had to go up to Primary Children's on the day of Boston's birthday party! :(
They have been good little friends, and I know Boston would always have Hank's back if anything were to go wrong! He is such a cute kid!
This is how Boston felt the first day of school! He was wiped out! This kid has GOT to get more sleep! This was about 4:00 in the afternoon, and I couldn't believe he fell asleep! I let him sleep till 5:30 and then woke him up so we could go to dinner. We took the kids to Chilis to celebrate another school year! We ran to Wal-Mart after to get the kids some school supplies and it was CRAZY! Everyone else was doing the same thing... never again! Zach still needs some more things and I dread going back!
I have enjoyed spending some 1 on 1 time with Halle! It is always so fun! I have been blessed to have my kids far enough apart that I have always had someone little home with me to spend some time with when my older one(s) go to school! I dread the thought of when I won't have anyone by my side to hang out with where ever I go! I seriously HATE going to the store by myself! I love having one of my kids with me! Who wants to be alone? 2 is much more better than 1!!!
Happy New School Year!
Not really, but you gotta make the best of it right?
This 8:00 a.m. schedule has really put a cramp in my style! I have to say that I actually like it! It is so nice having everyone up in the mornings getting ready at the same time!
Morgan absolutely loves that he gets to see all of us in the mornings before he goes to work!
Being back in a routine will be nice... but why is it so much work to get your kids to bed early?
1 comment:
I had to laugh reading this. Because you are So Much like me! I was such a worrier about the whole opening juice and stuff thing too. And I so do not like early mornings, and bedtime is a nightmare! I guess that is why we are friends. Because we are alot alike. lol! Oh and I don't like going to the store alone either. Too funny! Cute pics. I am glad you are surviving. We should get together now.
Post a Comment