This is what my kitchen table looks like EVERY day after school!
Oh, and this is without any mail, usually there is mail piled in there somewhere too! When my kids went back to school it drove me crazy that the table would end up looking like this every day, even if I had cleared it off that morning, so that I could at least look at a CLEAN table during the day. It seems as though I have tried to figure out many times, a way to organize all of their schoolwork, papers, crayons, pencils etc. and it still looks like this!!! I have come to the realization, that as long as I have my little ones at home, I'm going to have to get used to it! :) We have had this table since we got married 13 years ago, I find myself table shopping every once in awhile because I want a new one. I think this one is old or ugly, or has too many sharpie stains on it, or easter egg dye, or scuffed up marks! But then I think about how nice it is for the kids to be able to do their projects on it and not have to worry about them coloring on the table or ruining it! We don't even lay down newspaper when we color eggs anymore, and the dye eventually comes off! :)
This table is old and worn and has many memories made on it!
I have a perfect picture in my head of the "perfect" kitchen table I will have
one day...
but for now why my kiddos are home and running around with crayons in their hands, I'm going to enjoy my old table
because I know one day when it is all cleaned off and empty I'm going to wish all those papers and crayons were still there!
1 comment:
Amen sister that is the funniest post EVER why you ask??? We have the exact same table, it looks the exact same way after school, Dace's name is written on it backward from a sharpie that leaked through a paper along with several eyelet marks from scrapbooking and it was our first "BIG" ha ha ha purchase 11 years ago when we got married but, there is a part of me that just can't part with the 11 years of memories engraved on this ugly old thing :)
Post a Comment