10.04.2010

Conference Weekend...


I always love Conference weekend! It is so relaxing, and a great time for each of us to get a little boost! Sunday morning we were eating breakfast together around the table (which never happens on a regular Sunday because of Morgan's morning meetings) and as Boston said the prayer he blessed that we would have a good time at church. When the prayer was over Brinley said to him, "Boston, we're not going to church today, it's General Conference". His eyes got big and he said in a loud voice... AGAIN??? And started doing a dance around the kitchen!!! ha ha ha! It was really funny! I went to sugardoodle and printed some packets for the kids of activities to do while they were listening... they LOVED them! My kids listened to more of conference this year than they ever have! Boston is totally loving the writing/coloring since being in kindergarten! He is always wanting to write, and is constantly asking how to spell things! After looking at their packets I realized they REALLY were listening and coloring pictures about the stories that were being told! I was so impressed! As we were all veged out in the living room Zach mentioned that it was harder to concentrate when watching at home v.s. the church (he learned from going to the priesthood session with Morgan the night before) he said there are too many distractions at home... as his itouch is in his hand... go figure! :) I was thinking about how spoiled we are today with the technology there is. Watching Conference is bliss with DVR! It was so nice to be able to pause the t.v. if we needed, to rewind if someone was talking or Halle crying, or her toys making too much noise that we couldn't hear! :) Or fast forwarding through the music to get caught up... no actually I love the music in between speakers, I love to hear my kids sing along if they know the words! Saturday morning we were at football and weren't able to watch/listen, but with the click of a button on the computer I am able to listen to the talks I missed! It really is amazing! I love hearing our prophet speak, the kids always get so excited to hear/see him! I just bought the book "To the Rescue" the Biography of Thomas S. Monson. I wanted to read it with Zach.
We truly are blessed!

No comments: