Sigh...It is surreal to me now that this little guy has officially started kindergarten! It is something we have been talking about for the last year, but it actually happened on Wed. Boston was so excited to finally be going to the school with his big brother and sister! It is the only year that all 3 of them will be at the same school together! For that I am thankful that Middle School doesn't start until 7th grade! Brinley's class is right across the hall from Boston's, and that just tickles my heart to know that she is right there, if he ever needed anything! I think Boston was a little overwhelmed the first day, as I think every other kindergartner was... he told me it was a lot LONGER than he thought it was going to be! His teacher Mrs. Christensen was the first one out there to get her class, and I was still taking pictures... hence I didn't get as many as I wanted, I wanted her to be on MY schedule and let me soak it all in. But before I knew it my little guy was off in line with his backpack on and she was whisking them away! I didn't even get to tell him good-bye! Let alone give him a hug and a kiss! I wanted to walk into the classroom, but Morgan wouldn't let me! I was having all these mixed emotions as we were walking back to the van, and then I saw my friend and she looked like she was crying. I asked her if she was o.k., and she said "No, it's sad" and the next word that came out of my mouth, I started crying! So, we talked and cried for a bit! Our husbands were making fun of us afterwards, but we sure felt a lot better! :)
I just feel like once they start kindergarten they loose everything...
like their BABY TEETH, and their CHUBBY LITTLE CHEEKS! I always love my kids pictures when they start school, cuz they look so little! And then by the end of the year they are all grown up and have to start going to school ALL day! That is one thing that is getting me through this is knowing he is only gone for 3 hours during the day! I've gone through this with my others too, you would think it gets easier, but I think it only gets harder! The night before his first day, I was laying by him and we were talking. I said "Buddy, do you know how much mommy is going to miss you during the day?" He said "You'll be o.k. mom, you'll get the hang of it after a while!" Well, o.k. then! My little 5 year old is trying to console me! I had to laugh at that one! He says the cutest things!
He was actually happy to get his picture taken before we left for the school. He didn't complain one bit, he knew I had done it with the other kids, so he was all smiles! I had to zoom in on his shoes for the one picture... cuz Boston kinda takes after his mamma, he wore flip flops ALL summer long... never had a pair of tennis shoes on! When I took the kids to get their school shoes, we actually had a hard time finding shoes that would fit his feet comfortably. He wanted Puma's like the other kids, but he couldn't fit his fat little feet inside them! So, we had to get Nike's, I just hope he can break them in! The second he comes in the house he takes his socks and shoes off! I don't blame him, who wants to wear those sweaty things? I told him he could wear flip flops today, but he didn't want to, he said he wanted to look cool! :)
So, plus starting school he also had his FIRST flag football practice, his first game is on Saturday! He is so excited! I love watching flag football with the little kids, it is so cute to watch! I have been waiting for him to start! Morgan is coaching him, along with Zach... so he spends many hours on the football field right now! He wouldn't have it any other way, he is quite happy there! Boston has been so tired at night, completely worn out! He has been complaining of his ankle hurting (when he runs) and I think the whole flip flop thing hasn't been good for his little feet. His ankles totally turn in from having no support. I feel so bad, I think we may have to take him to a foot/ankle doctor and see what can be done!
Here is Boston with a few friends from the ward... it's always nice to see a familiar face!
Boston walking into the school. He looks so big!
I get teary eyed just thinking about it!
So, heres to you my big kindergartner! I hope you have a great year, and learn lots!
I love you!
1 comment:
Sommer, I got teary when I saw this post. I get so sad sending my kids off to school... They always have to console me too! Cute pics....
Post a Comment