6.29.2010

FaThErS DaY!

I took the kids to Lowe's to see what we could find for Morgan for Fathers Day... and this is what we ended up with... Zach didn't think his dad would really like it, but I convinced him he would! :) The truth is every time we go to Lowe's or Home Depot we always sit in these swings, and the kids love them! I have wanted one of these swings for YEARS and have never gotten one! So I finally decided we better get Morgan one for Fathers Day! Let's just say he was thrilled! Especially when he went to put it together and took it out of the box and it was in 400 different pieces! (Well, o.k. not that many, but you get my point!) The kids were so excited to put it together with him and it ended up taking hours... which was another thing he was thrilled about! But when it was all said and done, I think he was glad to have it put together the day before so he could actually enjoy the day on Sunday! Halle loves the swing, we take her out every day and she loves just watching the kids! This little girl LOVES to be outside! She about jumps out of your arms when the door opens, and just reaches, hoping it will get her somewhere! Morgan loves to be with his kids, and would do anything in the world for them! Brinley found some of Zach's old roller blades in the garage and has been riding them. Morgan has a pair too that haven't been used since we were dating (I know it's hard to imagine Morgan on roller blades... he bought them while he was on his mission) so when Brinley saw them she begged her daddy to go rollerblading with her around the block. He would do anything for his little princess, so of course he did! We were all kinda laughing when he put them on, cuz the kids had never seen their dad on skates before, but she loved it! Boston rode his scooter along side of them and they went for a little ride!
I always try to give Morgan the day off and tell him it is his 1 day out of the year where I won't tell him what to do! ;) ha ha! And I let him do whatever he wants! It is times like this that I realize how much he helps me! He usually ALWAYS does the dishes on Sunday which is SO nice! So between making him breakfast in the morning, and dinner that night, then cleaning up afterward, I felt like I spent the whole day in the kitchen! It was fine, and I'm glad he got to relax, but I'm just glad it's not like that everyday! Sometimes we just have to go without something to help us appreciate it! He was able to take a nap and hang out with his kiddos, so I think he had a pretty good day! I even made strawberry shortcake for dessert, which I think we ate at 10:00 that night before going to bed! It was a good day!

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

How fun! I love that Boston has a diet coke in his and :) So cute. I hope Morgan isn't anything like Jason on rollerblades - not a good thing. I hope we get to see you guys while Matt is here.