I have been thinking about my oldest nephew Braeden today... random little thoughts have came to my mind all day. Tonight he is getting set apart and is leaving on his mission tomorrow! I can't believe it is actually time for him to leave! I was texting him today to see if he was ready to go and all packed and everything. I thought how hard it must be to leave everything behind. This world is filled with so much "stuff" that I'm sure it would be nice in a way! But how weird to not pack your cell phone or iPod with you to leave for 2 years! We all know how lost we feel if we have accidently left our phone at home for 2 hours while we are out running around. I'm sure it will be weird for him at first, but will be good as he gets lost in the work!!! Last weekend we were able to go up to Logan for his farewell. It was such a nice day to spend with family. The meeting was so good. Braeden talked about having the Light of Christ with you, he is such a good kid and sounded like a returned missionary instead of one getting ready to go! I know I had tears running down my face most of the meeting. For several different reasons! For one the spirit was so strong as he was talking, that you just couldn't help it! Halle was getting fussy, so Morgan had taken her out in the hall, so I was just soakin it all in! :) What an example he is to all of us, and especially to all of his little cousins! They just adore him! I couldn't help but think of my dad and my oldest brother (Braeden's dad) who are both inactive right now who were sitting in the stands as he talked... I wondered what they were thinking or feeling... if there was ever a chance that either of them would start going to church again? I was thinking of my own two handsome boys who before I know it will be standing up there going on missions of their own! WOW! So many mixed emotions!
Braeden is so musically talented, always has been! He is an amazing piano player and also plays the guitar, writes music, and sings! Yes, he could totally be our next American Idol! After he talked he played the piano and one of his friends sang! It was awesome!
All in all it was a good weekend, and I hated for it to come to an end, because I knew that meant one thing... I had to say GOODBYE! I don't like good byes.
We stayed at my brothers' Rhett's and got to spend time with them. The kids just love being together and can't get enough! We went to dinner at Cafe Sabor (used to be the old train station in Logan) before we left, these are the kids in order from oldest to youngest! Look how cute the babies are at the end!
We went and saw Shrek 3 on Mon.
Cute little babies! I just love Lance's smile! He is always smiling! Unlike someone else I know! She's getting better though!
I got Halle a BIG GIRL car seat! She was a nightmare in the car and would just scream! I thought I would see if the car seat would make a difference. She still screamed at first but now kinda likes it! She will even fall asleep in the car now, it is so nice! I think she loves being able to see everyone (including me)!
Braeden with the babies! They will be turning 3 when he gets home!
When we go to Grandpa and Grandma Udy's it always means there is baseball being played in the backyard. These 3 boys couldn't get enough, and had so much fun hitting and pitching to each other!
Kissing sisters on the swing!
Brinley was getting pushed on the swing (not with Halle on her lap thank goodness!) and was getting an underdog and the chain broke!!! Luckily she was able to hang on for a bit before she hit the ground, or she probably would have gotten hurt! I think it mostly scared her, and I was afraid she wasn't going to dare get back on the swings, but she did! Just a scary moment for her!!!
Kyla and Brinley
All the cousins except my brother Ryan's kids... they live in Tennessee and weren't able to come out. Ryan did fly in by himself which was super nice!
I just love this picture of Boston and Braeden! When we were saying goodbye to him on Mon. before we left Boston went up to him and gave him a big hug and said "Have fun on your mission Braeden, I love you" what a cute kid he is!
Random picture of these deer as we were leaving Lehi to drive up to Logan! Not every day you see deer right in the city!
And last but not least, the Memorial Day tournament was this weekend. Austin's team drives from Idaho Falls every year to play (along with a few other times during the year as well) and we are lucky and get to stay at home since the tourney is held in Utah County! It's a good excuse for Matt and his family to come and stay with us once a year!
Look at these cute boys, they are getting so big! Luckily they were able to watch each other play a little bit, which meant lots of hours spent at the baseball park!!! What a fun weekend, we wouldn't have it any other way!
3 comments:
Oh my goodness Sommer! that totally brought tears to my eyes reading this. I can't believe that he is going on a mission. He sounds like an amazing young man! I should have came to his farewell. I figured he didn't know me though. That is so nice that you were here to be a part of it all. I missed out on my nephews farewell. Man, time flies huh? Your family so so cute.
There are deer in the city almost every day here! Just sayin... Love the post though Sommer. Cute pictures of the kiddos!
Here's to Braeden and his mission! I agree, he totally sounded like a RETURN missionary and not one just leaving. Green he is NOT. Love you all and thanks for letting us join the Udy Family Festivas!
Post a Comment