10.11.2009

My sWeEt little BrInLeY!




My sweet little girl came home from school on Friday not feeling good.  She had a yucky cough and just seemed really tired- not herself.  We were watching a movie that night and she told me she felt hot-- sure enough she was running a fever! The next morning she woke up and came into our room and said she had a headache, stomachache, and was still running a fever! Poor thing! I gave her some more Motrin and told her we wouldn't be able to go to her friend's baptism that morning, or to her brother's football game.  She was so sad! I was sure that she had strep throat and thought I better take her into the doctor so that she could get on an antibiotic to start feeling better.  We have been through this many times! So, I called her pediatrician office and they got us in right away, it was 11:00 and we were heading to her appt.  The doctor came in and after checking all of her symptoms took a look in her throat and said I don't think this is strep, I'm afraid she has the SWINE FLU, I"m going to need you to take her to the hospital to get tested!  I couldn't believe what I was hearing! I was sure that MY daughter who washes her hands 50 times a day didn't have the SWINE FLU!  So, off to the hospital we went to wait in a waiting room with 20 other people who were going to be tested for the N1H1 virus as well! We were ALL wearing masks, looking like a bunch of dorks! The doctor had to stick this tube up her nose to get a sample of 'boogies" (what is which he called them) and told us to be on our way, that it would take 24 hours to get the results back!  They prescribed us some TAMIFLU for her to start taking right away! After going to 3 different pharmacies in Utah Valley I finally found someone who had it in stock! We went about our night and about 8:00 Brinley was running a fever of 104.7! I had given her some Motrin and it brought it down a little, but we were all concerned about her.  My kids were a little freaked out I think because of how much attention the Swine Flu has gotten the last few months and all the "horror stories" you hear about it! Zach was panicked and wanted us to take her to the hospital right away! We have kept her away from Halle and it is just killing her to not give her little sister loves and kisses all day! 12:00 couldn't come fast enough today! The phone call came about 12:30 and they told us that her test was
POSITIVE!!!
My heart just ached for her.  I didn't want my little girl to be sick, and especially with the Swine Flu! We had her come into our bedroom to tell her the news and she just started crying! I just sat and held her and cried right along with her! I think I just felt so bad for her that she would have to spend the next week ALONE.  Not touching anyone or anything, and washing her hands like crazy! She has been so good to wear her little mask around the house except for when she is in her bedroom resting.  It is hard for her too, when the kids are playing and she wants to play to, but doesn't feel good enough to, and just lays there! I know we will get through this and she will be fine, but it is going to be a long week! Our home teacher came over this afternoon to help Morgan give her a blessing.  Which was so nice of him! He even came back a couple of hours later with a plate of cookies for her! He is so awesome! We have had so many people from the ward call and see if there is anything they can do for us.  It is so nice to live in a place where you have friends and neighbors who are here to help! 
I was joking and asked Chad if it was announced from the pulpit at church this morning that the Binghams have the Swine Flu because of all the people who already knew! News travels fast! Thank you for all of your concern for my sweet little girl! I know she will get through this, and so will I! We will just take it a day at a time! I have to be SO careful taking care of both her and Halle, making sure that I am washing my hands before I go from one to the other, and even changing my shirt since I am always holding Halle on me! I feel so torn with them both needing different things at the same time! I'm SO glad Morgan was home this weekend to help me! Wish me luck! I'll keep you posted!

8 comments:

M&N said...

I'm so sorry. That's no fun. I'll keep my fingers crossed that little Halle doesn't get it.

The Gardner Family said...

You just might have to let the neighbors take Halle in so she doesn't get sick. ;) Me first, Me first! We do hope that your week gets better. That sweet Brinley is too cute to be a sickly one. Call if you need anything and remember I am always out and about at the store etc. ;) I can pick up anything anytime.

Craig and Jessica Smith said...

I'm so sorry Sommer! That is awful! I hope that it doesn't spread through the rest of your family! Let us know if we can do anything to help you! Hang in there!

Shannon said...

Oh, Sommer! If I was closer, you know I would step right up and help. I hope your friends treat you well there and from this post and the comments, it sounds like they do. Give Brinley a hug for us. We hope she will make it a quick week for the both of you! Let her know we're thinking about her and want her to feel better!

Richard and Jody said...

Oh no! That is so sad. Poor Brinley! Jason told me she had it. I hope the rest of you don't get it. Let me know if I can do anything. I have Thursdays off :) Good luck. We will keep you guys in our prayers!

Ashlee said...

OOOps Sommer that one that says Richard was me. I guess he used this computer.

Laura Woodbury said...

Sommer- let us know if you need anything!! Talia wanted to play with her Friday night. We tried to call you but I guess we will have to wait until she gets better! Seriously PLEASE call if there is anything we can help you with! Give Brinley a hug and maybe we will bring her something by so she won't be so bored! Good Luck this week!

carrie said...

Oh Sommer...I'm so sorry. That poor little girl. I hope she feels better soon, and I hope nobody else gets it in your house. That picture of her is adorable! xoxo