The other night my sister gave us the idea to go up the canyon and cook hot dogs and marshmallows. How come I don't ever come up with fun ideas like that? So, we had to throw in the fishing poles too! And to make my job easier we just grabbed Subway on the way! We did cook smores in the fire though, and they were yummy! My sis taught me that if you set the chocolate bar in the ashes next to the fire, it melts and gets all runny and you can just pour it on! Much better than biting into a big chunk of chocolate! The kids had a ball fishing, sissy is the only one who caught one (actually 2) though! We don't even like to eat fish, so we usually just put them back in the river! You have to be quick though!
Brinley and her 1st fish! (of the night)
When we put him back into the river he wasn't looking so good. Sonnet had to jab him with a stick to give him a little help! He flipped over and swam off right into the moss, so we couldn't see him anymore. She and the kids were worried about him all night hoping he was o.k. They even named him Frankie and blessed him in their prayers that night!
ZACH
Boston with marshmallow in his mouth!
Cute pic of Sonnet and Zach
Looking for a "bite"
My ankles were SO swollen and my sis thought it would be funny to take a picture of my ankle next to her skinny little thing! She had never seen my ankles like this before! And neither have I! It isn't very fun, I've never been pregnant in the summer before, and this is one of the pleasures I get to enjoy!
Fishing in the dark!
Boston playing in the fire pit!
We had so much fun! Thanks Son for the fun idea and for coming with us!
4 comments:
Oh My- I cannot decide which picture I like the most: the boys and their balls (hehe), Zach's finger, your prego bellies, or the WHOLE Udy Family together. It is all just a tie :) Love you all- Tara
Yay- I finally caught up on the blog. You have been updating constantly... it took me forever... are you in the nesting mode (hehe!!) Love ya... can't wait to have that little baby to snuggle! And you know... I really think your cankles are HOT!!!
I always love your posts...and you've always got GREAT photos! :o) You have such an adorable family. I think you've got amazing kids. YOU look fabulous pregnant, by the way. You always look great. I need to bring your baby gift over to you one of these days. I'm so forgetful these days.... I'll bet you're all so excited to welcome your new little baby, who will be just as gorgeous as your other little cuties. :o)
Oh, you're getting so close!!! Looks like a fabulous summer ... can't wait to hear about baby :) You look awesome!!!
Post a Comment