The first week of June my cute little niece turned 2! I don't know where the time flies, but I remember the day we drove up to Logan when she was born! Holy Cow! Me and the kids decided to drive up for her birthday at the last minute, I was busy getting ready for Girls Camp, but decided to go anyway! Spur of the moment is how I do things best! Just ask my husband! I'm not a great planner, and it drives him crazy, but those are some of my best memories of doing things! We gave her this cute little bikini, and I had to put it on her to see what it looked like! I'm not sure that her parents appreciated it, but it was too cute to pass up!
Here are the kids after Bailey opened her presents!
Speaking of doing things not planned. My brother and his little boy who is going into 1st grade were running in a 5K the next morning. They told Brinley that she could run with them if she wanted. I just thought she was too little to run that far, plus we didn't have any shoes for her. But they found some of Nate's shoes that fit her perfect and she was ready to go! They had to be there at 7:30 the next morning and we went and met them at the finish line. Boston was feeling a little left out at this point! I got a phone call from my brother about the time we were expecting them to come in saying that Brinley was thirsty and didn't think she could make it! So, I grabbed a bottle of water and jumped in the van to go find them to rescue my little princess! There was no way I was going to let her quit! I gave her the water and didn't even give her the option! She was SO CLOSE to the finish line, and I told her she could do it! I went back and waited for them to come around the corner, and was so excited when I finally saw them! My sister in law even ran Boston up to the corner and let him run the last stretch with them! It was so cute! They came in at about 39 minutes, which I thought was awesome for her first time! She was so happy when she finished! Thanks Rhett for letting her run with you guys and for sticking with her the whole way! She had so much fun, and even came in FIRST in her age group! Way to go Brin, we are proud of you for finishing your first race!
This is when I went and rescued her with water! I thought they looked so cute running!
Coming to the finish line! Even little Bosto is there!
Nate and Brinley crossing the finish line! Way to go kiddos!
Rhett holding Bailey, Nate's Grandpa, Boston, Brinley and Nate
The running shoes!
My little princess with her first place ribbon! Way to go sissy!
4 comments:
Wow! That's awesome she did that. I want to run a 5K. Brinley will be my inspiration.
Way to go Brinley!!!! Wish I had her energy!!
Awesome! She is so cute and I love the look on her face with her ribbon. It's like she's shouting, "I DID IT",
You have been sooooo BUSY! How are you going to fit it all in when baby #4 arrives :) Sounds like you are loving life and that's all that matters. LOVE YA-
Post a Comment