3.17.2009

It's a GIRL!!!

Wow! I feel like I am living in a dream right now!!! We went and had our ultrasound yesterday!!! And.... it's a GIRL!!!  I am in shock!  I went and picked up the kids this morning from school! They were so excited to be able to come with us to my doctor's appt.  We met Morgan there, and Brinley was SOOOOOOO excited she couldn't even hold still! (Before we even found out!) The kids were so cute when they saw the baby on the monitor and saw the cute little face, fingers, toes, etc. And they even got to listen to the heartbeat! They thought that was pretty awesome! She was so cute, she kept putting her feet and hands up to her face! Brinley already thinks she is flexible just like her! :)  So, when the nurse got down to the bum, she had her legs wide open, with NOTHING sticking out! Ha ha!

The nurse announced that it was a girl, and I thought Brinley was going to jump through the roof! I immediately started crying and couldn't hold back the tears! I was so happy for HER! She came over and gave me a hug with a big SMILE on her face! I think she was surprised to see that I was crying... since kids associate crying with sadness.  I told her, it was because I was so happy!  Then I heard a little voice coming from somewhere else... I didn't know who it was.  I looked over, and Boston was curled up in a little ball with his face buried in the chair,  CRYING!  It broke my heart! He wouldn't let anyone touch him, or hold him! He was so sad!

K- I pictured this day going exactly opposite! I thought Brinley would be the one crying, and we would be consoling her for the next 5 months!  When I had my first ultrasound at 12 weeks, the nurse told us (even took a picture of) that she was positive it was a boy! So, Morgan and I have been thinking this whole time that this little baby inside of me was a boy! I was expecting Brinley's world to be crushed today!

After the ultrasound I held Boston and talked with him.  I asked him what he was feeling inside.  He just said he was sad. :(  In the car we talked, and by the time we got to where we were eating lunch he was fine! 

I have to say too, that Zach was SO cute with Brinley, he was so excited for HER! It was so sweet! I was wishing so bad that I had my camera there with us to capture the excitement on the kids faces and the little guy curled up in a ball!  I meant to grab it, but was too excited I forgot! I guess it's just one of those memories I will have in my heart forever! :)


5 comments:

McEvoy Family said...

Wow Sommer! That is such an amazing memory! I am THRILLED that you get another girl! Brinley's prayers were answered and the "part" fell off!!! HAHA I love that all of your kids can enjoy this time so much. I can't wait to see this little girl myself! What a happy and tender moment! You have gone through a lot, and I am excited for the "reward"!!! CONGRATS!

jimnalli said...

congratulations, sommer! We are having a girl too, I totally thought it was a boy for sure...Anyway, cute story!
Allison

Pilar de Luz said...

Sommer, Cute Story...I'm soo happy for you! What a sweet feeling when another spirit is getting ready to come to our homes.
I l♡ve your Blog..I can sense the L♡VE and HAPPINESS that surrounds your home, what a good place for a future baby. You Children are growing so beautiful,Take care. LN

The Brinkerhoffs said...

it is so wonderful to see you guys doing so well. your kids have grown. i love the family pic on the top and i am so happy about the new girl. congrats.

Angie Bauco said...

Sommer, congratulations! I had no idea, guess I should check your blog more often. That's so exciting to have another girl.. Brinley will have a sister. I love all your pictures, you guys have such a cute family! Tell everyone hi! Angie