1.13.2009

HoLiDaY cAtCh UpS!

I know I have been a slacker in the blogging world! It has been awhile since I posted... Sorry to you faithful readers!

First of all, my dad and brother are doing great and are on the road to recovery!  This surgery is such a miracle, and we feel so blessed that everything went well! As some of you know, 2 days after the surgery my dad had a minor heart attack! Luckily he was in the hospital and they were able to catch it, I'm afraid if he would have been home, that wouldn't have been the case! He didn't feel a thing, and didn't even know he was having one.  When they rushed him down to the Heart Center and did the angiogram, that is when they found out that his main artery was 100% blocked, and he had a huge blood clot!  They were able to put a stint in right then, and needless to say he had to spend a couple of days in ICU which made his stay at the hospital a little longer than anticipated! He and my mom were able to go back home to Logan last Wed.  They were both very happy to get back!  Thank you for your prayers and concern in our behalf!

On a side note... 


Yes, for those of you who haven't heard the news! I am PREGNANT! That would be another reason for my slacking abilities at this time!  I got to take a pregnancy test for the first time in my life! It was so fun!  With my other kids all I had to do was start puking and that was how I found out! But nope, not with this one! I actually got to enjoy the signs of being pregnant (as much as you can enjoy them) Ha ha! I actually wrapped up my test and put it in a box with a poem and had my kids open it up on Christmas Day! It was so much fun! We saved it as the last gift, and they got to open it when they were all done opening all their presents.  Zach came running over to me and gave me a hug, and we both just started crying! It was a tender moment for sure! It is so fun having him be older and have him understand things, and he is so cute to ask me how I am feeling every day!
We had my sister and Morgan's brother (who are both single) with us Christmas morning, it was so much fun to have them here! They are definitely the "fun" aunt and uncle!  I had already told my sister, she was here when I took the test! :o) But, it was fun to have them here and share in our excitement!
I have been very lucky and have felt fairly good for being pregnant, considering how sick I was with my others! For the most part I am just sick sick at night, which I think is a blessing since Morgan is home at that time! I am able to get up in the mornings and help the kids get ready for school, and able to take care of Boston during the day, which is a blessing as well! That is definitely the hardest thing for me being so sick, that I can't take care of my family! I get nauseous at night time, so Morgan has to take on dinner duties, which he always does with a smile! :o)  Anyway, I could go on and on about me... but I won't! I just wanted to share our exciting news with all of you! I go to the doctor on the 26th, and I will find out how far along I am! Which I'm sure you are all dying to know "WHEN"!  So, I will keep you posted!
I know I never posted about the holidays, but I am just going to roll with it instead of trying to catch up at this point! We had a wonderful time with family and it was so nice to have the kids have a break from school for a couple of weeks! We needed a week to recover before they went back to school, it was hard getting back on a schedule of going to bed early and doing homework, reading, piano, etc... after school! The boys start basketball this month and are very excited! 
O.K. I can't handle not posting any pictures... here are a handful from our holidays!!! 

Boston is way into Transformers right now! These are all the ones he got for Christmas, and of course he wanted to dress up as Optimus Prime!

Boston with his toolbox Santa brought him!

Zach with his new bike!

Brinley surprised that she got an American Girl doll from Santa!

The kids dressed up on Christmas Eve, Boston was mad and wanted to be a shepherd!

The kids with their cousins at Temple Square on New Year's Eve! 

We talked my brothers who are BIG UTAH fans to come watch the game at our house! It was alot of fun! I think it was the first time I have ever heard Morgan cheer for Utah! But of course HIS team wasn't playing!

The cute boys after the game!

The boys watching the game!

We took the kids to see Bedtime stories on Christmas Day! We have never been to a movie before on Christmas so we thought we would try it out! The only bad thing was that we had to get out of our pajamas! It was a really funny movie, better than I thought it would be! The kids loved it! This is my sister and Morgan's brother with the kids!

Sorry I kinda went overboard... Thanks for bearing with me!

11 comments:

AliandT said...

I've wanted to ask you how your Dad and brother were doing I'm glad all went well. As for your news how exciting and Congratulations :)Looks like your family had a great Christmas. Hope your feeling well

Jessica said...

Yay - a new post!!! You better make sure you call me any day you wake up and don't want to function. I owe you!

McEvoy Family said...

Somm, I am so excited for you! I hope that you are able to function somewhat everyday! I can't wait to know how far along you are! That will be fun! I am not too far if you need me. I am glad Dennis and Matt are okay. Lucky you guys to get to spend so much time with Sonnet and Morgan's bro! Love to all

Shannon said...

Yeah for #4! I was hoping you'd get your wish...so happy for your family. Keep us in the know on your new addition. I am so excited to hear that you aren't sick all the time. I sure hope that sticks!

Shannon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon said...

That was me! It took my comment twice.

carrie said...

I'm so glad you posted... I've called you a few times, and I've checked up on you through Allyson and Jessica. I had heard you were sick...and I can so relate and sympathize. I was so sick w/my pregnancies, too....and mostly at night at well. It isn't fun. I would be glad to help you anytime you need it, too. I hope you know that. I'm so glad your dad is doing better. I was worried for you guys. That would be so hard to deal w/the worries and stress on top of being pregnant. As for the Utah thing....that game was the only time I've cheered for the Utes, too. It was so much fun. I have to tell you that your sister and Morgan's brother look very cute together... Have you thought of setting them up on an actual DATE?? ha ha I'm serious! :o) One last thing.... Zach has the best smile ever. I love it. Talk to you soon I hope!

Emily H said...

Yeah! That is so exciting! Congratulations.

Holly Holgate said...

Sommer it is your bestest childhood friend!! I am so excited about the BABY news. I cannot control myself!! I have tried to call you, and I will keep trying.. I am so glad everything worked out for Matt and your Dad. My Dad is very good at keeping me posted. By the way, I think 6 is the perfect family!!! I hope that your days are full of sunshine, remember to smile it makes those bad days alot easier.... I love you Som!!!

veronica said...

CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!

Jill said...

Sommer, CONGRATULATIONS! I am so excited for you! Please keep me posted on what's happening!

Glad you had a good holiday! Call me if you ever get down this way, K?

Love ya!

Jill