We started by waking up this morning (bright and early) I swear my kids can never wake up for school, but for some reason on the weekend they wake up at 7:30 just fine! Morgan had to work this morning, so my sister and I took the kids to McDonalds for breakfast and took them to go see BOLT! We had already seen it, but my sister hadn't, so we willingly went and saw it again! SUPER cute movie! When we came out of the movie at noon there was a blizzard outside! It had been snowing the whole time we were inside the nice warm theatre (yeah right, when is the last time you sat in a WARM theatre?) And it was dang cold outside, the wind was blowing like crazy! My sister needed to finish her Christmas shopping, so we went our seperate ways. My friend Jessica and her family were supposed to be moving into their new house this weekend, and since it was snowing, we thought we would stop by and see if they were still going to be able to move their stuff over. Sure enough, they were moving! I think Jess is so ready to get in her house, she was moving, SNOW or not! So, the kids ran around while I helped her clean for a bit until Morgan got off work. Brinley had decided she wanted to go to Jump on It! So, we took the kids this afternoon, and had a blast! I jumped with them the whole time, and man did I get my workout in! I don't think it even phases the kids, but after an hour I was ready to quit! Then we went to Brinley's favorite place to eat... Tepanaki. So, yummy! I don't know what she likes better, the food or the entertainment! She has been counting down the days to her birthday just for her special yummy dinner here! They sang Happy Birthday to her, and brought her out some ice cream with chocolate and whip cream, her favorite! She was grinning from ear to ear the whole time! Of course I didn't have my camera with me, so I don't have any pictures from today, but I have the memories, and that's all that matters right?
She wasn't very excited that her birthday was on a Sunday, I think just knowing that we couldn't go out and do anything on that day. But I think she will enjoy getting to be home, and hey they will get to sing to her in Primary!
I just got done blowing up balloons to put in her room, and wrapping presents, and I am very tired... so I will post some pictures from tomorrow for sure! I can't believe my little girl is turning 7!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Brinley! WOW! 7 years old. Can't believe it! I LOVE the family pictures. They turned out great! Worth every penny :)
I don't have much time but I love you! Thank you!
HI Sommer-I just had to comment about the weekend kids waking up early...cause I complain about that every weekend....why can't we get up for school at 7:15 but on the weekends they are up at 6---YIKES...funny I can relate to everything you guys do....True friends!!! I love catching up on you guys on your blog...wished we were closer! Your kids are cute...I love Christmas cards too!!
Love ya....have a fun Christmas.
Heidi
Post a Comment