Yesterday when I went to the mailbox, I didn't have ONE christmas card! It was the first day in a couple of weeks, that I hadn't gotten at least one! I was a little sad, but today made up for it! We were leaving to run some errands today, and I realized I hadn't gotten the mail yet, so as I was pulling out of the driveway I decided to "drive" by my mailbox. Hence the big snowstorm we had yesterday I wasn't thinking about the big snowbanks on the sides of the roads... we got 12 in. in one day! My kids were in heaven, they were outside playing in it all morning, until I made them come in and get ready for our family party we had that night. So, I drove up to the mailbox, just like I always do, but didn't even make it that far! I totally got stuck right in front of our house! I felt like an idiot! After spinning my tires for 15 min. and flipping snow everywhere and getting NOWHERE, my neighbor had to come and TOW me out with his truck! Yes, I said TOW! He and Zach tried pushing a few times, and he could see I wasn't going anywhere, so he said he would go get his tow rope and be right over! I felt so stupid, but I was so glad he was there to help us! Would've been a funny picture but...
So, when I finally got my mail (which Zach had to climb through the snowbank to get) and brought it to me, I got 15 Christmas cards today! I was so happy, it was so fun to hear from you all! Me and the kids had so much fun looking at all the pictures, and reading about your lives! So, I had to take a picture of all the envelopes cuz I am a dork! Thank you for making my day!
Merry Christmas!
6 comments:
You are one popular gal! I love Christmas cards!
I love Christmas cards, too! I'm such a dork though...Getting the mail is one of my favorite parts of the day. :o)
You are so popular!!! Just kidding... you are so loved because you are such an awesome friend! I do wish I could have seen you get stuck on your road... how embarassing... right in front of neighbors and all!!! Sorry I am the lame friend that didn't actually mail her card!!! See ya soon!
I *LOVE* a good mail day!! I didn't end up doing Christmas cards this year ... I'm going to do Valentine's Day cards :) I don't know that I have your new address - will you e-mail it to me?!
We didn't send any christmas cards this year, so don't think I cut you from our list this year, please! I think I will send a little e-mail greeting or put something on the blog, but I have been too busy with sick kids and way too involved at the school. I will have to get on that...I like Kari's idea about a Valentine's day card. I actually got an Easter card before, so she is doing good!
Sommer, I've been thinking about you and your family lately. Please be sure to keep us updated on your Dad. We're praying for him!
Post a Comment