5.27.2008

Sommer Runs a 5K!!!

I ran the Harrington Memorial Mile and 5K in American Fork on Monday! I have never ran in a race before, and it is something I have always wanted to do.  I had a friend tell me about it, and wanted me to come run it with her.  So I did! It was so much fun! I will definitely be doing another one! I finished in pretty good time too, so it made it worth it!  Thanks so much for my mom, sister, and brother, for coming to cheer me on! It meant so much that you were there!

8 comments:

Kari said...

Congrats to you!!! I know what a huge accomplishment that is :) I did my first triathlon last month and can't wait to do another. I'm also wanting to do a 5K and possibly work up to a 10K! All this from a girl who HATED running up until a few months ago ....

Ashlee said...

You are awesome! I need to do one of these with you!

Emily H said...

I have always wanted to do one. I hate to run though that could be a problem!

Hunsaker Family said...

KUDOS to you! So sounds like fun times- if I liked to exercise that is! Love ya cousin!

cfarar said...

Sommer, that is awesome that you ran a 5K. It has been awhile since I chatted with you. I will give you a call (but I will wait until girls camp is over). Have fun at girls camp.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Sommer! OH I have always wanted to do a marathon---GOOD FOR YOU!!!! Hot Mama!!

Jessica said...

You go girl!! That is so awesome!! Sorry to comment but I do like to look at your blog and your family! Congrats - that is awesome!

Kyle.Sharo.Chase.Matti.Cole.Zach said...

You're a runner now! It just takes one race. I think you should train and run a marathon with me. I had so much fun with my first one. Top of Utah is in Logan you know!