Today is Mothers Day and I couldn't go to bed without saying thank you to my wonderful family! I love my husband and kids dearly and don't know what I would do without them in my life! They make me laugh, and smile everyday and for that I am grateful! Morgan and I truly have the BEST kids in the world! We are so grateful to have them in our lives!
I really do love Mothers Day! It's kinda like my birthday, it only comes once a year, and for that WHOLE day I feel loved and appreciated! It makes all of the other days worth it! ;) Not that I am not appreciated on the other days, but I don't get the royal treatment like I do on Mother's Day! Seriously! Morgan and my kids always make it so special for me and that is what I LOVE!
We had 9:00 church this morning so I didn't get breakfast in bed, but it was my request to not do it so that we could be on time for church! We were still a little late, but we went TOGETHER and that's what matters! I was getting ready in the bathroom and Halle woke up, so I took her in the kitchen with me to get her sippy and the kids and Morgan came walking in holding an iPhone and they had recorded a message on it of them saying "Happy Mothers Day"! I about died! I was so excited! I have been having problems with my phone for over a year now (ever since Halle was a baby and loved to suck on and play with my phone) and I think Morgan was sick of hearing me complain EVERY day about it! It really was bad though! And very annoying to say the least! Well, he fixed that problem for me! I am just excited to have a phone that works now! Thank you honey!
I always love what the kids make in school for Mothers Day! I think it is so thoughtful of their teachers to have them make something! This year both Brinley and Boston made me a book that had questions in it that they had to fill in! They were so cute and funny! I loved reading what they wrote! On one of the lines it said "My mom weighs ___ pds. Boston wrote 95! That made me pretty happy! haha! Boston was SO excited to give his to me! They also colored some pictures for me at home and EACH wrote me a letter! I loved it! That is always my favorite part! I was pretty emotional all day long, I would cry at the drop of a hat! I have allergies right now and I woke up with puffy, watery eyes to begin with, they looked fabulous by the end of the day especially after crying all during church! During sacrament meeting my eyes were watering and I had to keep wiping them, there were a few times when I had to keep telling myself that it was due to allergies when really I knew they were tears running down my face.
Me and my sweet kids! I just love them to pieces!
Thank you for making me a mommy!
Reading the kids cards!
Brinley took a picture of me and Morgan!
Check my eyes out! Nice.
Me and my new iPhone!
It's white!
Morgan made a yummy dinner! He grilled chicken marinated in Ranch dressing! So good!
Then he made hot fudge sundaes for dessert with Brownies, ice cream, chocolate, carmel, whip cream and bananas on top! I was so full afterwards!
He always makes me feel like a princess on Mothers Day! Thank you for making it such a special day! I love you!
Last but not least, I can't not mention my own mom on Mothers Day! I have the best mom in the world! She was able to come down for a few days this week and stay with us, and it was so much fun! We were able to hang out together for the first time after her moving back from St. George for the winter! She came down for the UVU game on Wed. night since it was RMSB night and my dad was throwing out the opening pitch. We missed it because of traffic, so she was pretty bummed! I did the best I could to get her there, I even dropped off Boston at practice early and headed down, but the construction traffic is so bad right now in Utah Valley that it detained us a bit! We still cruised and got to the field at 6:01 but we were too late! It was fun to hang out that night! On Thursday I was busy running my kids all over, so it was nice to have her here to stay with Halle! Zach had 2 basketball games that night that we all went to (that's kinda why she decided to stay since she hadn't been able to see him play all winter) The games were in Sandy and didn't get over till 9 so she stayed the night again.
On Friday she took me to lunch for Mothers Day and then we went to the nursery to go pick me out some flowers to plant! I haven't planted much, so she told me she would help!
It was so fun, and added so much to our yard! My favorite thing she got me was a beautiful hanging flower pot! I love it!
My sister wanted to go to the Tulip Festival since this was the last weekend it was going on and my mom hadn't been either, so we were able to go do that before she left to go back home! I took Halle with me and we had a great time! Halle loves being outdoors, so she was in heaven! She loved the big fish and all the pretty flowers!
Thanks mom for coming and spending a few days at our home! We always love having you here!
1 comment:
oooh I love the WHITE iphone. LOVe. SUch a good husband I must say! He's a keeper! Now if only I could convince ROb to get me an ipad! hahaha
Post a Comment