Last Wednesday my mom retired!!! I never thought this day would actually come! It is something she has been talking about and counting down for the last 3 years! She went back to work when she was 45 and had been working for the last 20 years! My mom is a family person, she LOVES to be with her kids and grandkids! So this is something she hasn't got to do enough of while she has been working, but always managed to squeeze us all in, in her spare time! I really don't know how my mom ever had time to work, with everything that she did! She is the hardest working lady I know! She is busy ALL of the time, and never has time to relax! So hopefully with some extra hours in her day that she's not used to, she will get some R&R! She left today for a little trip with her sister and my sister Sonnet. They flew to Seattle for 7 days and are going to drive to VanCouver while they are there! Sounds like fun, wish I could have gone, but this isn't my time or season for trip taking! They also get to go to a Yankees v.s. Mariners game while they are there! My dad hooked them up with some tickets!
Me and the kids drove up for her retirement party and were going to Park City that night, so I had to be all packed and ready to go. It was alot of work to get ready by myself cuz Morgan had to work, and let's just say I wasn't really on schedule! Well, when am I EVER on schedule? Me and schedule just don't go together! I wanted to be there at noon when it started, but my baby seriously wouldn't sleep and I couldn't get anything done! I finally got her back down that morning, and by 11 I hadn't packed one thing for myself or Halle! I threw a bunch of things together, and we were out the door at 11:40. I was speeding the whole way to get there cuz I had left so late! I was so stressed! I was driving through sardine canyon and yep I got pulled over in Mantua! That is the hot spot for cops to hang out, and I wasn't even thinking... I just wanted to get there! Well, the cop didn't let me off the hook one bit, he got me going 85 in a 60! A Whoppin $240!!! I about died!!! Since when were tickets so expensive? So, needless to say I was even later than I would have been, but there wasn't anything I could do about it!!! It just plain SUCKS!!! That's all I have to say about it!
So, here's to your retirement Mom! Hope you are happy, and can make plenty of memories from here on out! My parents are planning on moving to St. George in the Fall, which will be weird, but I think will be good for them! My mom has her 2 brothers and 2 sisters that live there, so she will be going back "home"! Love you MOM!!!
1 comment:
Wow! YAY for your mom! That is nice that she finally gets some free time. I can't believe they are moving to st george. Well, I bet you will be going there alot now huh? Tell her congrats for me. I can't believe you got a ticket. lol! it is so hard to get things done when you have a little one to work around huh?
Post a Comment