12.07.2009

Turkey Trot Winners- Thanksgiving 2009

Brinley- 1st place winner for the 2nd grade

The Tuesday before Thanksgiving was a BUSY day! It was the kids last day at school and their annual Turkey Trot that they look forward to every year! My kids have always done good (they get their speed from their dad believe it or not!) But this year, my little Brinley came in !st place in the whole 2nd grade! She was so excited! She won a t-shirt this year instead of a turkey when she won in kindergarten! She wore her shirt proud though! Zach did awesome and came in 3rd for the 5th grade! Way to go kids! It was fun to come and watch you! So, after spending a couple of hours at the school we went back home to packing our bags to leave for St. George as soon as Morgan got home from work. This was our first trip away from home for that many days since we had Halle, it's amazing what one little body can do! We were packed to the brim! Leaving as late as we did the kids slept most of the way which was nice, we were so happy to be going to St. George! We love visiting every chance we can! We grew up as kids going to St. George visiting my grandparents (that's where my mom grew up) so ever since my parents bought their condo we have been having Thanksgiving there which brings back alot of memories! We had a great time with my family, we were all there except my brother Ryan and his family who live in Tennessee and my other brother Matt and his family who live in Idaho. We missed you guys! The weather was beautiful while we were there! The kids were able to play outside alot, and Boston learned what "street ball" was! :) The kids played alot of football, and played at the park that is right up the street! The dads took the kids to Dixie College to play football Thanksgiving morning so we could help my mom in the kitchen.
I realized once I got home how much sleep I DIDN'T get while I was there! I was worn out cold when we got home! Thursday night I didn't even go to bed and left the house at 3:45 a.m. with my sister, my nephew, and my cousin to go shopping! I met my sister in law and my cousin at Target at 6:00 and they were already done and had a place in line! So I grabbed what I needed and hopped in line with them, it was great! Then we headed home for a couple hours of sleep before the kiddos woke up!
These are just a few pics of the weekend, but couldn't stand not posting about Thanksgiving!

Zach, Brinley, and Boston after the Turkey Trot

Zach- 3rd place winner for the 5th grade

SISTERS!!!

We took the kids to Tuachan to see the live Nativity! It was really short- only lasted about 20 mins. they LOVED it and didn't want it to end!

I can't remember if I ever posted about my cute little nephew that was born exactly a week before Halle. We waited a LONG time for these 2 little precious babies to be born! They are both so healthy, we are truly blessed! This picture above is the first time they met at Lance's baby blessing when they were just a month old! How sweet are they! We had a major photo shoot with them and got so many cute pictures when they were just so tiny!

This is them now at 4 months old in their bumbo chairs together! They are so much fun to have together! They bring so much JOY!!!

This is all the nieces and nephews at my sweet aunt's house who had all 33 of us over for pie Thanksgiving night! Thank you Darla for having us in your home! We love you!

My sister always takes the kids to hike the Dixie rock and the Narrows while we are there, but this year she took the kids to the Sand Dunes! They had a blast! She is always so good to take them kids and do something fun while we get our Christmas shopping done! I don't have any pictures, cuz they are on her camera, but the kids had so much fun burying each other in the sand and playing football too! Thanks Sonn for taking them, they always look forward to doing something special with you!


Boston was really looking forward to going to the Dixie rock, cuz he has never been old enough to go with all the cousins. The kids begged us to take them on our way out of town, and it was so much fun! Morgan and I hadn't been there since we dated in College and needless to say we have grown a little since then and couldn't fit through the Narrows this time! :( Our kids zipped up there in about 2 mins. and we just figured... why squeeze?


The view of the St. George Temple... so pretty!

The famous "Dixie rock"

Morgan with the kids on TOP!

I'm feeling Christmas in the air... Bring it on!!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Yay for your new post! It looks like you had so much fun in St George... so look at cute Halle in her bumbo chair... you cannot tell me you don't see your dad! Maybe it's the facial expression! Luv ya!